Zoom H2

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by thomashooten, Oct 21, 2007.

1. wvtrumpet

wvtrumpet Pianissimo User

May 14, 2004
    West Virginia
    I had it set on Rear 120 degrees. Rec. Mode 44.1/16bit wav
    Seems to work very well.

2. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have the H4 and prefer it because of the XLR inputs over the H2 (which is very nice and a little easier to use).

I have a ton of clips from the H4 online and use it daily in my practice sessions.
    -T

3. mattdalton

mattdalton Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2005
    Newcastle, WA USA
    I had an H4, but it was stolen. I replaced it last week with an H2. I would have happily bought another H4, but because I only used stereo mode it didn't make sense (for me) to pay extra for the 4-track capabilities of the H4. The H2 is a little smaller and more convenient, but if you want XLR mics, effects, or 4-track, you won't be sorry with an H4. Either would be ideal for recording rehearsals, lessons, etc. and both are a big improvement over casette tapes and minidiscs of the past.

My wife always joked that the H4 looked like a taser. Now she says the H2 looks like an electric razor.:lol:

4. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Tom, thanks for the head's up. I've been looking for something like this.

Michael McLaughlin

5. Billy B

Billy B Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2004
    Des Moines, IA
    What is the quality of the H2 microphones? I can't find specs on the web.

6. skuni

skuni Piano User

Jan 20, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    So I just recieved my H2 yesterday and wanted to upload a clip for people to hear some plain solo trumpet but I do not know how to upload a mp3. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

7. Lezwoymn

Lezwoymn Pianissimo User

Oct 11, 2007
    Long Island, NY USA
    I bought one to, but I haven't got it yet. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it works.

8. timothypierson

timothypierson Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2005
    I just got mine today. It's a terrific recorder. My only problem with it is that it also records my mistakes :). I'm going to use it to record my lessons and performances in trumpet class.

9. Hags888

Hags888 Pianissimo User

Aug 31, 2006
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Steve, there are innumerable free file sharing sites on the web. Just do a search, and you'll come up with something. I use "fileden" frequently as it gives me access to direct URL links. Basically, find some server space to upload the file, and then provide a link to it somehow.

10. timothypierson

timothypierson Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2005
    On my myspace link below are some samples of me playing the opening of the 2nd movement of the Haydn and the opening of Charlier No. 4. Both need some work but it will demonstrate the sound quality of the H2 zoom. I used front 44.1 16 bit and medium gain. It has given me a much better idea of what I need to work on.