Zoom H2

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by thomashooten, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Lezwoymn

Lezwoymn Pianissimo User

Oct 11, 2007
    Long Island, NY USA
    Great job tim. I love my zoom also.

2. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    :lol:

Thanks for posting the H2 recordings, so we can get a sense of things!!

3. josephus07

josephus07 Pianissimo User

Feb 19, 2005
    Does anyone know if you can load mp3's from your computer onto an SD card and then use the H2 as an mp3 player? Or could you load mp3 files directly from your computer onto the H2 via USB interface?

Thanks!

4. Lezwoymn

Lezwoymn Pianissimo User

Oct 11, 2007
    Long Island, NY USA
    Ok, I'm not sure if you could put mp's on the sd card. I would try it, the most that could happen is it not work. You could renname your mp's in ST-001, that is the format that shows up when u record onto the H2. It's worth a try to put them from puter to H2. The most that could happen is it not work. Sorry I can't be of more help, as I never tried this.

5. Harold Zinno

Harold Zinno Pianissimo User

Jul 17, 2007
    Connecticut
    I have the h4 and have been recording myself ever since I purchased it(about 6months). It is a real eye opener. I found in my small group jazz playing that my jaw vibrato was way over done at the end of each phrase.
    Anyways the h4 is easy to use and I like it much better than the minidisc/mic combination.

Best wishes
    Harold

Yamaha Xeno RGM & RGSM B-flat
    Kanstul Copper Bell C
    Getzen Eterna Cornet
    1957 Conn Valve Trombone

6. JustinSmith

JustinSmith Piano User

Nov 6, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Hi guys,

I have a H2/H4 question for you. I too picked up an H2 after reading all of the reviews. I have been recording everything.

My question is: Do any of you use a MacBook Pro with OS X - Leopard installed?

For whatever reason, my computer does not recognize the H2 when i plug into the USB port. I can get the files by using a SD card reader. I am not worried about that. I asked about Leopard because when i plug it into my older G4 powerbook with Tiger installed, it pops right up.

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas.

JS

7. gmcmurry

gmcmurry Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2007
    Pacific Palisades, CA
    I have had an H4 for a year or so now. I do like it though it is difficult to adjust the recording level. Also the display is hard to read and is small.

I just purchased a BOSS MicroBR for under $200 on ebay. I have been playing around with it and I think it will prove to be a better device.

No XLR connectors but it does work well with a 3.5mm TRS stereo input.

It has many other features that I also think I am going to enjoy much more than the record and playback only H4.

Built In rhythm system
    built in tuner
    regular knob audio input and output controls
    built in effects system

https://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=818

Greg