Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Trumpet Discussion Discuss $250 for Jinbao's Best in the General forums; You know, that's kinda expensive for a non-quality inport trumpet. I know someone on a forum that didn't take my ...
    Pianissimo User
    You know, that's kinda expensive for a non-quality inport trumpet. I know someone on a forum that didn't take my advice and read a post from TH that I had put on her forum so that she would not get taken on a cheap inport one and she did anyway. Why does E-Bay have so many different words for junk?

"It's kind of like a garage sale threw up in there"

-Master Shake

Just felt like quoting something ridiculous. It's 6 in the morning here, y'know....

Mezzo Piano User
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSICandCHARACTER
    Dave, in your opinion, do you think as the Chinese market becomes more open and free and more foreign investment comes in, that the wages will begin to come up. Then the advantage will start to become smaller?
    Jim, yes, I think this has already started to happen, but it's regional. Hong Kong and Shanghai are already amongst the most costly cities to live in the world. I have a brilliant Chinese friend that is very concerned she'll not be able to return to her home near Shanghai because of costs. (She's in her twenties and makes $80 to $100- thousand in the US and her husband is an attorney at an elite firm -- he's Chinese also. In the US they're probably in the top 2% in family earnings).

The BIG worry is a classic conundrum, keeping the gap between the haves and have-nots from widening too much. In Shanghai, most live in relative luxury, yet thirty-miles away people are working for $8 per week and living in huts, or less. They seem well aware that this must be continuously addressed, but the rapid expansion works against solving the problem. There's still a huge agrarian element working with hand-tools at subsistence levels.

Dave
    Schilke '60 B1
    Selmer Paris -- '57 #20 K-Modified/
    '03 Concept TT w/ GR66.8B2.8
    '94 Lawler TL cornet w/ Sparx 2B
    Conn Vintage One flugel - GR66FD
    www.pitpops.com www.ucm-inc.com
    Rocky Mountain Trumpet Fest

Pianissimo User
    Cupronickel
    Cupronickel is an alloy of copper, nickel and stengthening impurities. It does not corrode in seawater, because its electronegativity is adjusted to be neutral with regard to seawater.

Cupronickel is used for marine hardware, and sometimes for the propellers, crankshafts and hulls of premium tugboats, fishing boats and other working boats.

The most ubiquitous use, from the point of view of the average person, is that most of the silver-coloured modern circulation coins are Cupronickel. A typical mix is 75% copper, 25% nickel, and a trace amount of manganese.

It is used in thermocouples, and a 55% copper/45% nickel alloy is used to make very accurate resistors.

Wow...you won't have to worry about the resistance of the horn now. Plus, you can also tell the temperature with this!!

John

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information