Folks from the Chicago area,

I'm doing three gigs open to the public this weekend. You are invited to attend any or all of them! I would LOVE to meet fellow TMer's!

1.) I'll be lecturing at NEIU on Saturday afternoon at 2:00 PM on how understanding how the horn, mouthpiece and chops work together can be used to train oneself to play better. This will be part of the Chicago Bras Festival. I'll down there with Dave Harrison of the Wedge Mouthpiece Company. The details can be found at Chicago Brass Festival . Most of the festival is dedicated to classical brass playing, so my lecture will conclude with a blues (probably Billie's Bounce or Au Privave - whatever moves me) with a jazz pianist accompanying me (my son!). I'm going to slip some jhazz in under the radar! Heh, heh!

2.) Sunday afternoon, I'll be blowing solo trumpet at 4:00 PM with the Chicago Grandstand Big Band. Recently they've had me doing a lot of Maynard stuff. Dr. Mike Stewart will be there on lead trumpet, as well. This will be at the Edison Park Lutheran Church.

3.) Sunday NIGHT, I'll be at Davenport's at Milwaukee and Wood in Chicago with Jeff Hedberg and C11. This is a band dedicated to the music of Marty Pacih, Mel Torme and Art Pepper. I am the primary trumpet soloist. That gig hits at 7:00 PM.

4.) Monday night, I'll be at Bill's Blues in Evanston at 9:00 PM for the Monday Night Jam Session in Evanston. Come on down and bring YOUR horns and sit in!

I'd be so pleased to meet more of you.