Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Air Support/Breathing/etc... in the General forums; Let's hear it for the "Asthmatic Trumpet Players Forum' !...
    Piano User
    Carson City, NV.
    Let's hear it for the "Asthmatic Trumpet Players Forum' !
    Gabriel is NOT a woodwind player!

Piano User
    I too <stands up> have asthma. In my case it is coughing asthma. I am subject to violent, uncontrollable coughing. The trigger for me is a cold. The cure, prednisone. Prednisone is evil. Makes me moody, hungry and really messes with my blood sugar ( I am also diabetic. I have to take a lot of it for a long time and it makes my chops puffy so I can't play ( anyone else have this problem?} Albuterol makes my hands shake. Its embarrassing to go out to eat with friends and have the ketchup bottle go out of control when I fix up my cheeseburger.

New Friend
    I've had asthma my entire life. My triggers are dust, pollen, sudden temperature changes, and exercise. I use Qvar, an inhalible steroid, and albuterol when I need it.

I think it's said that asthmatics are generally good at relaxing under pressure, because we learn at a very early age to be calm in stressful situations. Anyone who can be calm when they can't breathe can handle stressful situations.

I've always concentrated very hard on making the most of what my lungs can do, and as a result can hold a phrase as long as I've ever needed. I don't know if this is true of everyone though.

Good to know there are others out there, although in this day and age, I'm not surprised so many people are asthmatic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information