Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss All is good in the General forums; Originally Posted by Buck with a Bach Mine is suspicious, TMD! I think mine is resigned to the fact that ...

Re: All is good

Quote Originally Posted by Buck with a Bach View Post
    Mine is suspicious, TMD!
    I think mine is resigned to the fact that I could be doing worse things during my mid-life crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Have not posted in ages, the reason simply is that i am enjoying playing and practicing so much and that in no small terms has been helped by you guys.
    Thanks for the simple reminder that playing the trumpet, whether it's our profession or just a hobby, is great. (And that there are those supporting us as we make progress.) Yes. All is good. Life is good.

Bach Stradivarius 43* (1974), Bach 3C Mouthpiece.
    Getzen 896 Eterna Flugelhorn (1974), Curry 3FL Mouthpiece.
    Plus a few other Bach, Getzen, Olds, Carol, and Besson horns.

Moderator Utimate User Vulgano Brother's Avatar
    Parts Unknown

If we have the determination to trudge through those exercises long enough; work through the boredom, it starts to get fun. Glad to hear you've reached that critical mass!

"A tool good enough to be so used and not too good"
    C.S. Lewis That Hideous Strength

Piano User

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post

Most importantly my approach has improved. I practice and some days its good some not so good, the difference is I now accept that and move on, instead of trying too hard I back off and try again another day.

I now have 1 trumpet (Olds Special) and 1 mouthpiece (Bach 1 1/2 B megatone) and 1 me (Old and willing).

I quote the lines in your post that I appreciate most and to which I can relate personally.

It reminds me of the need to keep a balanced and appropriate perspective. You use the word "approach". I use the word "perspective". I think we are probably thinking about something similar.

I have two trumpets, a few mouthpieces - but only use one of them most of the time. The rest are in a box. And, the only reason I have two trumpets is because one of them is a "nostalgia" horn - in other words, it is a make and model that I grew up playing. Most of the time, it stays in the case.

In addition, it is good to be able to understand and accept the good day/not so good day routine, live with it, and not get too frustrated as a result. I don't "fight" it and accept the good and the not so good. It is nice to not have anything to prove.

Thanks for a good post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information