Trumpet Discussion Discuss amazing in the General forums; [ame=""]YouTube - Allen Vizzutti - Double Staccato in octaves[/ame]...
    New Friend

Cool amazing

[ame=""]YouTube - Allen Vizzutti - Double Staccato in octaves[/ame]

Pianissimo User

Re: amazing

What's the point if it doesn't sound good?

The last thing he does sounds just like the beginning of Carnival of Venus!

Forte User

Quote Originally Posted by Snorglorf View Post
    What's the point if it doesn't sound good?

I think it was just a demonstration. There are a bunch of Vizzutti videos on YouTunbe where he incorporates some sick techniques into songs.

He's a stud.

New Friend

Doesn't sound good?? What doesn't sound good about it? It's not supposed to be a melody...

This clip is taken from a educational video he did in the early 80's and this very short segment was meant to show that there are "no limits" and if you keep stretching your boundaries everyday you can do some pretty crazy things. I think he showed that...

It has been proven time and time again that the biggest obstacle to our progress is what we believe is possible. It used to be believed that it was possible to break the 4 minute mile. After Roger Bannister accomplished this and "proved" it was possible it started being done much more often and now is the norm for world class runners.

People like Allen Vizzutti are invaluable to the rest of us, because he shows us what really is possible. I also really like that video, I think it's "Keys to Excellence" or something like that, because it shows that Allen has been doing his thing for a very long time, way before you-tube! These days most trumpet players have heard his Carnival of Venus and seen all his clips on you-tube. Back then when all of that wasn't available I'm sure to see him do those quick little clips was even more amazing.

So that's the point...

I agree, Al has been commercially successful for his talent with things flashy. Those in the know realize how hard he worked for that level of playing.

Two things are apparent here though: there is not necessarily appreciation for the extreme for all types of listeners and that leads to the question mark of why bother.

I no longer try and explain why to those that don't understand it. It is much easier to point out that each of us ultimately has the power to choose what we listen to and my advice is if it doesn't turn you on, don't listen to it - but don't criticize it either - just leave it alone. It merely belongs to a world that you do not participate in.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Medina, NY

That was interesting.

Sounded like...some Atari thing?
    1994 Bach Strad Model 43+Bach Megatone 3C=WILL (aka me!)

Thread Information