Trumpet Discussion Discuss Apology from TH in the General forums; I never even knew about TM untill Manny left and I followed him here. I do not know what happend ...
    Mezzo Piano User

Apology from TH

I never even knew about TM untill Manny left and I followed him here. I do not know what happend to cause him to leave and really don't want to. I saw a moderator at TH has posted an apology and wanted to give the link if any of you or even Manny would like to see it.
    Bach Strad 180S37
    Monette B2

Well, if I could play like Wynton (Marsalis), I wouldn't play like Wynton.
    Chet Baker

Fortissimo User
    Yee HAW!
    I caught that post this morning also... There were several "reasons" that different folks were (and have continued) leaving TH and "creating and growing" TM; many if not most of them centering around some rather unique ideas of "moderatorship", "trolls", "censoring" and involving more than one individual. In my case there were threads being deleted for no apparent reason. Subsequent requests for an explanation went unanswered for quite some time until finally an answer to the effect that they may have "inadvertently" deleted a bunch of posts while trying to "weed out" some other stuff. Uh huh...............

There was also an event (or series of events) in which a VERY respected manufacturer of trumpets who also happens to run a contest on this site found himself in a situation in which he was threatened IN AN OVERSEAS PHONE CALL if he ever showed up in the Southern USA! He too accepted an invitation to "take his game elsewhere... to TM" and has continued his very successful annual contest ever since (which hasn't exactly hurt TM membership neither). In essence, the trolls ran him off as well because the moderators failed to stop it in time.

An individual who went by the ID of "TM" started up this site and deliberately created a structure in which the moderators can only moderate within their own forum, there are no "super-moderators" except for the site owner, and "the Cage" was created specifically for the trolls. If you post something that is derogatory, offensive (to some), or potentially libelous, then you'll find your post in "the Cage" and a real dog-pile will immediately ensue... guess who will be on the bottom?

I can only think of one time (?) since TM was created that someone actually had their membership revoked and was sent packing and I won't bother naming names on that one since it would only start up another one of those pointless feuds in which the perpetrator always seems willing to bite off their nose to spite their face.

Personally I have found moderatorship here in TM is quite easy: not many folks have tried to get something going and when they do, the moderators all pull together to keep it clean. I like to think of membership in a forum (whether public or private) as a privilege, not a right.

Thread Information