Trumpet Discussion Discuss Arturo Sandoval Autobiography in the General forums; Ok Does anyone know is Arturo has an autobiography out? (Not the movie). I am sure that many peope would ...
    Halifax, NS CANADA

Arturo Sandoval Autobiography

Does anyone know is Arturo has an autobiography out? (Not the movie). I am sure that many peope would love to learn about his fasinating life outside of a movie setting.
    Eric Sproul
    Practice is like filling a leaky bucket

Bb: Paul Mauriat, Yamaha
    Flugel: Hub Van Laar ACK
    Mouthpieces: monette, yamaha

Gig Harbor Wa.
    Sandoval is in Seattle....but its over 95 in the shade...and the traffic cam for Seattle really sucks! Everything going on downtown, so it looks like this will be the first time that I will miss him in live performance.

What a great musician...and although lots of musicians with big egos....don't get too much kudo's from Auturo, but I have attended his workshops and clinics here in the Tacoma area. He has a great attitude and really encourages players of all skill levels to improve their playing as well as peaking their interests and passions to enjoy playing music.

So many of the younger players...have a difficult time with Sandoval because so many of their just flap their chops, instead of trying to understand what Sandoval has in mind. He can be pretty "to the point and pulls no punches with ensembles who back him in performance and expects everyone to pull their weight and give their very best.
    Although a task master, he does have a really good side and compliments and encourages those musicians that chose to learn and improve their performing skills.
    It is truly amazing to see how he helps these young musicians to grow, and at the same time, to hear and see how these players improve so much in so little time spent, during the often hectic pace in practicing for the final performance night.
    He really shows his love for the music, his craft and most importantly, his love to improve the musicanship, and further the love of music to everyone who takes the effort to seek a higher level of quality in their playing.

If any has the chance to enjoy, believe me, no one leaves his concerts unchanged for the better.

Thread Information