Trumpet Discussion Discuss begginer question in the General forums; This is my first time post so hey to everyone, any way, this is my seconed year playing trumpet and ...
    New Friend

begginer question

This is my first time post so hey to everyone, any way, this is my seconed year playing trumpet and i have been hitting high G's sometimes and high C's with ease. But, about a week or so ago my lips have felt very tired and I have been barley able to hit a C, this has been going on for about a week and it is worrying me. Is this normal? will my lips come back? do I need to stop playing for a couple of days? It worries me because Carolina Crown tryouts are in 5 weeks and i need to be able to do the exercises in the 2009 tryout packet.

Las Vegas, NV

Re: begginer question

You need to be careful not to strain your lips. I think it's important you have a private teacher who can listen to you play and diagnose the situation directly. I would suggest taking it very easy. Lay off the horn for a couple days. When you come back play lots of long tones, lip slurs, etc. at very low volumes. Focus on playing a beautiful tone very softly. I think the most important thing is to find a private teacher to look at your playing and to look into devloping a daily routine. Always lots of long tones in all registers. It'll come back, it's just about playing smart. Best wishes.

"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler

Re: begginer question

Ohh once this happened to me and i just stopped playing for a day or 2 and after it was all back to normal.

By the im new as well, ive only been playing for 2 moths. Welcome to TM!
    "Ultra-Pure Rocks!" - Chris Botti

This is a temporary quote untill i find a good one.

Thread Information