Trumpet Discussion Discuss Buzzing/Vibrations in Ear in the General forums; Greetings to all, This will be my first post here, although I’ve been lurking in the dark shadows for quite ...
    Pianissimo User
    New Ulm, MN

Buzzing/Vibrations in Ear

Greetings to all,

This will be my first post here, although I’ve been lurking in the dark shadows for quite some time. I’m trying to find out if anyone around here has or knows someone who has had the same problem I’m having when I play. For about the past three years or so, the inside of my left ear buzzes or vibrates when I play – it sort of sounds like a kazoo in there when it happens. The note my ear is “playing” is usually the same note I’m playing on the horn or an octave higher. While this is cool and all, it’s starting to bother me quite a bit. I’ve been to my family doctor and his solution was to put me on Flonase – not exactly what I was looking for. I do have TMJ – or a misaligned jaw, but he didn’t feel that this would be causing my ear to vibrate. Anyone ever heard of this happening before? It’s not as bad on picc, but the good ol’ Bb puts on quite the concert in my ear.
    Bb: Bach 37
    C:Yamaha 6445H

Piano User
    I have had a siliar problem over the past few years. My ear Dr. says that the reason for the problem is that I has recessed ear drums----which is very common. This situation would lead to a streching of the ear canal and would cause buzzing in the ear for me. His solution was similar to your Dr....he put me on Nasarel. The Nasarel did not help the situation at all....if anything it kind of gets you hooked on the nasal medicine.

THANKFULLY, I found an accupuncturist who has helped me with this problem. The accupuncturist considers this to be an problem of "inbalance of pressure" within the ear. This is the same way I would describe it to my physician.

With one session of accupuncure the buzzing in my ear was gone after many months of frustration. The problem will come back every once in while....when this happens I just go back to the accupuncturist and it will usually take 3-7 days for the buzzing in the ear to subside.

Good luck....please let me know if it works for you.

Thread Information