Trumpet Discussion Discuss The Cadets won?! in the General forums; How is that possible. Plus they tied the the highest score possible. Frameworks by the Cavaliers in '02 was the ...
    Pianissimo User
    Gordonsville, TN

The Cadets won?!

How is that possible. Plus they tied the the highest score possible. Frameworks by the Cavaliers in '02 was the best show EVER. Period. And to say that "The Zone" was that good blows my mind. Just a little rant.
    King Silver Flair 2055S
    Getzen 770 SG Gold Series
    Bundy Series II cornet

Music is a more potent instrument than any other for education. -Plato

Mezzo Piano User trumpet blower88's Avatar
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I've always like the shows the Cadets have done in the last few years, but I do have to say I was a litle dissapointed this year. However, the show is not what wins you a high score, it's the performance that gets you the score. Blue Devils had the best show this season in my opinion, but they didn't perform as well as Cadets, Cavies, and Phantom. So in my opinion I don't think "the show that they do" really matters, its all about how well it's played and marched.

By the way, I think The Cadets deserved the championship even though I wasn't a fan of the show.
    -David Jacques

Mezzo Forte User bigaggietrumpet's Avatar
    Nazareth, PA
    Yeah, I was personally kinda hoping Phantom would take it, or maybe a miraculous Madison win (still, they got what, 5th?). But I agree, the execution was the winner of the year, and not only execution, but complete execution. They took every caption. That's incredible. Yeah, as far as shows go it wasn't great, but when they march it THAT good, it's hard to beat. But I'm glad after the 2000 ripoff that they got one.
    Michael Smith
    Hullabaloo: The official band of Texas A&M Basketball
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

Mezzo Forte User
    I was hoping for Phantom to win. I was surprised that Madison didn't get a higher score.

I saw "The Zone" when they performed out my way and I think that a lot of what got them the title was that the show was just so different from anything else on the field. that big door with the girls wandering around - it was strange, but it really worked in its own strange way.

I thought that they performed very well when I saw them, but I'm in no way, shape or form qualified to judge which show was actually better. In my mind, the night I went, Carolina Crown marched probably the cleanest show, but they weren't as exciting as some of the other shows there, Cadets being just one of them.
    Patrick Gleason

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
    "At my signal, unleash hell."
    - Maximus Decimus Meridius

Thread Information