Trumpet Discussion Discuss Can anyone tell me about a Revelle in the General forums; I used to play in school and have wanted to pick it up for a while now. I found a ...
    New Friend

Can anyone tell me about a Revelle

I used to play in school and have wanted to pick it up for a while now. I found a trumpet on ebay that was in sorry shape and wanted to give it hope for the future. I am about to have the dents removed and buy a case. I am dying to know if I have a real find or a nothing though.
    The bell is engraved with the name Revell. It's brass with the slides and trim silver. On the valve it has 'made in Italy' and 1703 engraved on it. It's a pretty trumpet and it doesn't look like a cheapy.
    Does anyone have any info on such a thing? I've google for a while and must not know where to look.

Mezzo Piano User

Re: Can anyone tell me about a Revelle

I've encountered some Revelle saxes. One was a Evette Schaeffer stencil, the other was a mystery. Both were student horns .

It doesn't mean that your trumpet is on the same level. Yours could be higher in quality. Most likely Revelle was a line of instruments purchased from other makers (Stencils). This means that a number of different companies could have made their instruments. At least yours is marked Italy. I would go to Horn-u-copia public forum discussing antique, obscure and out-of-production Brass Instruments and look at pics of the Italian trumpets that they have, and see if yours resembles any of them.
    Good luck !

Kalamazoo, Michigan

Re: Can anyone tell me about a Revelle

Good recommendation! I took a look and all references to Revelle in the trade name list were for woodwinds. Good luck on finding a match. At least you have an interesting horn.
    Dave Rafferty
    Spartan for Life
    ???? Barrington trumpet
    1968 Besson 2-20 trumpet
    1960's B & H Embassy trumpet
    1967 Conn Connquest cornet
    ???? Devillier (stencil) Trumpet German?
    ???? Besson 609
    1957 Besson 8-10 Trumpet
    Portage Senior Center Dance Band
    Kalamazoo Checkers Swing Band

Thread Information