Trumpet Discussion Discuss Canadian Brass in the General forums; I just got back from MSU where the canadian brass were playing. I must say it was absolutley amazing. Joe ...

Canadian Brass

I just got back from MSU where the canadian brass were playing. I must say it was absolutley amazing. Joe burgstaller and ryan anthony are such great players ( and so is the rest of the band). They played so much piccolo trumpet. I dont know how they go from picc to trumpet and it doesnt seem to effect them at all. They can also change there sound on the Bb so easily. One minuite they are playing so bueatiful it melts your heart and the next they are belting out some mariachi piccalo! It was truly inspiring. The band are also great entertainers. This was the first time I have ever seen the Canadian Brass. A memorable performance I will not soon forget. Did anyone else happen to see the performance??

New Friend
    washington DC

Re: Canadian Brass

I have seen canadian brass many time, they truely have something very special If you like them, check out other groups: German brass, mnozil brass etc. love the last ones, they combine humor with amazing playing. german brss sounds terrific, greatest 10-piece ensemble right now. Of cours you need to hear phillip jones as well...

Heart of Dixie

My daughter took flute lessons from Chuck Daellenbach's sister back in the 90's, and we got to go backstage and hang out with the band after a local concert. It was a great concert and was fun to meet the band.
    Olde Towne Brass

Brass Band of Huntsville

Trumpet: 1976 Bach Stradivarius ML 43, Curry 3C.
    Cornet: 1993 Bach Stradivarius L 184G, Curry 3BBC.

My old Music Theory Professor, Bill Carmody, a tuba player, got to play with them (not in performance but just as a warm up). He had a C tuba and forgot so he accidently played the whole song with Bb fingerings.
    Numb Chops

Thread Information