Trumpet Discussion Discuss Carmina Burana in the General forums; Since ML's forum is locked for a few weeks, I'll post this here... Just got to the show last night ...
    Forte User
    Rochester, MN

Carmina Burana

Since ML's forum is locked for a few weeks, I'll post this here...

Just got to the show last night and what a total thrill!!! The Ravel concerto I was unfamiliar with, but what a fabulous piece. And the "Other" Richard Zeller -- what a world class performer! He really made Carmina Burana fun to WATCH as well as listen to. Here is a performer who truly understands the meaning behind the music.

My wife had a blast. She loved it. And I later got to meet up with Mr. Zeller as well as Mr. Laureano -- let me say that two finer personalities I do not know. And in fact, most of the orchestra staff were quite accomodating and very friendly. My wife talked about the experience during the entire two-hour drive back to Roch (normally she fally asleep by the time I reach Rosemount).

The show was fantastic, and the interpretation of the music was simply splendid (and a great boy's choir as well). Once again the MO proves that while I may not like the weather or local politics in this state, people here have a good appreciation for the arts and there are some real class-acts around these parts. And a better musicial experience would be hard to find than a concert at the MO.

Kudos and many, many thanks to Manny and the MO. You can bet I'll be back!

And the French Horn solo in the Ravel G*D....what is that dude's name? He played so well I could have gone swimming in his sound. Simply beautiful.

The Minnesota Orchestra, best bargain in musical entertainment. Period.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Artitst in Residence
    Fortissimo User
    The horn player must have been Kendall Betts. Kendall was the former head of the Marlboro Festival Space program.
    Be sure Brain is engaged before putting Mouthpiece in gear.
    S.Suark 1951

Utimate User

Actually the horn soloist was Mike Gast who has been principal since Kendall left last season! I'm sorry I never thought to tell you but I think I joined TM after all that went down. Herb Winslow, from SPCO, will be associate all next year as well.

Thread Information