Trumpet Discussion Discuss CDs and Recordings in the General forums; Hello all TMers! Right now I'm in the mood for expanding my very very very small CD collection. (It's like ...
    Pianissimo User
    Baltimore, MD

Question CDs and Recordings

Hello all TMers! Right now I'm in the mood for expanding my very very very small CD collection. (It's like ten or so... that's it.) I was wondering what are some suggestions for quality trumpet listening, both jazz and classical??? I know there are also 'standard' recordings that every trumpet player should have. Just chime in with what ever comes to mind. Thanks bunches!! :)

Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    If you check the TH site under recordings look at the thread: What's in your cd player? you will find a bunch of stuff. This site needs a recordings section.

I would recommend just about anything by Clifford Brown. Almost any Maynard before the "New Vintage" album (I'm gonna take flack for saying that), Chicago Symphony Orchestra- almost anything, especially Mahler, anything you can find by Don Smithers (baroque trumpet), Miles Davis-Kinda Blue.

These are just a few off the top of my head. There is so much great stuff out there.

"Music is a fire in your belly that has to come out of your mouth, so you'd better put a horn in the way before someone gets hurt"
    1949/50 Super Recording
    1949 Martin Committee
    1947 Olds Super
    Olds Super/Ultrasonic trumpet
    Olds Recording trumpet
    Olds Mendez
    Olds L-12
    Conn 40B
    Eclipse MR scratch gold
    Bach 37
    Scherzer Picc
    Buescher Mdl 15 Cornet in Bb/C/A (Dad's old horn)
    Boston 3 Star Ne Plus Ultra
    Natural trumpet hand made by my friend Howard Scudder

Thread Information