Trumpet Discussion Discuss Conference lists??? in the General forums; Hello all, just wondering if there is a list of conferences or events that might have trumpet manufacturers present displaying ...
    Pianissimo User

Conference lists???

Hello all, just wondering if there is a list of conferences or events that might have trumpet manufacturers present displaying their horns. It's tough to demo trumpets without the crazy restocking and shipping fees so a conference might be a better deal. Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.....

P.S. I am aware of the ITG conference in Denver this year.....geeze only $255 to attend!

Re: Conference lists???

Quote Originally Posted by drac
    I am aware of the ITG conference in Denver this year.....geeze only $255 to attend!
    That is why some manufacturers may not be there! They are only expecting maybe 800 people and the cost is very high. Of course, you get a great selection of master classes etc. to choose from.

The Music Educators in each state often have conferences. NAMM has two a year (one this summer http://www.nammsummersession.com ) which they let non-members attend (the members are music dealers).

If you want to see cornets, the NABBA Championship this weekend would be a good place ( http://nabba2004.com ).

The Reverend was the the Texas Music Educators' conference and gave a glowing report -- that was in the winter. Keep you eyes and ears open, there will be others.

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox
    Licensed Mental Health Therapist
    Owner: www.allbrassradio.com

Fortissimo User
    And don't forget the annual MidWest conference in Chicago just before Christmas each year.

Mezzo Forte User bigaggietrumpet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tootsall
    just before Christmas each year.
    Coincidence? I think not!
    Michael Smith
    Hullabaloo: The official band of Texas A&M Basketball
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

PH
    Mezzo Piano User
    The IAJE Conference is in Long Beach, CA next January. It is usually a huge one.

Thread Information