Trumpet Discussion Discuss Consistency in the General forums; Hi Mr. L, I was wondering on what you attribute your consistency from day to day. I've heard some pros ...
    Forte User

Hi Mr. L,

I was wondering on what you attribute your consistency from day to day. I've heard some pros say that their warm up is a huge part of why they are so consistent. Do you find this to be a factor in your consistency?

Thanks for your thoughts!

P.S. I just picked up a copy of MO playing Pines. That has now become my favorite recording of the piece. Your solo is beautiful. The articulation in the first movment is so clear. The sound in the finale is huge. What a great sound! Was that on your STC or Ajna?

New Friend
    somebody is getting their shots in before the next minnesota audition...

Utimate User
    Moving right along...

I find thata warm up is a mini practice session and it helps one to get their heads screwed on properly as far as fundamental ways we play. It's a way to reinforce good habits. So, yes, when I get a good warmup in I play better because the command center of the brain has been activated to issues orders constantly and consistently.

For Pines, my Ajna was on loan to someone so I used my STC 1 C trumpet. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to record that repertoire.

Forte User
    Northern New York
    Peabody- In addition, I find consistent practice produces consistent performance, and vice-versa.
    "Roses have thorns; shining waters mud. Clouds and eclipses stain the moon and the sun; and history reeks of the wrongs we have done. After today, after today, consider me gone."- Sting

Thread Information