Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Could this be the future for musicians? in the General forums; pssssssssssst! after replacing the musicians with robots, the conductor is next! After that the agents go. In the end only ...
    after replacing the musicians with robots, the conductor is next! After that the agents go. In the end only Yamaha/Steinberg are left over and the internet will become full of soundfiles that only the Microsoft Media Player on the most recent Microsoft operating system with HP hardware will be able to play back - if you have bought a subscription to MS-Music. I hope that when they sample the trumpet the microphone blows up..............
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Fortissimo User
    Yee HAW!
    So... the concert was most excellent last evening. Joe Burgstaller performed a solo on flugelhorn that absolutely blew me away!... what incredible control of dynamics.

Brandon's pic work was superb also (although I think Joe could more than give him a run for his money on this instrument also).

The entire team played a great concert: the hall (an old, wooden church with a high, domed, plaster ceiling and 2nd floor "mezzanine" seating) allowed the resultant tones to really "ring out". Their version of Carmen was... hilarious entertainment; right up there with Mnozil Brass's comedy routines (and some damn fine music too). (Try THAT with robotics!)

If they are in you area, go see them; you won't be disappointed.

Metro Detroit

This thread took an un-expected turn.

A review from Ed on the Canadian Brass.

Thanks Ed. Having heard many of their recordings I was certain you'd not be disappointed.

Clarence. Straight up dawg! I got nothing but love for ya! I'm a computer guy that's what I do! I've never seen any machine do anything from the heart. I couldn't agree with you more.

I guess I just posted it tongue and cheek; but it's fun to see what the TM community has to say about it.
    2008 Eclipse MHY Bb Trumpet in Silver Plate with interchangable leadpipes
    Getzen Capri Bb Cornet
    Bach, GR & Monette mouthpieces

Pianissimo User
    Robots, synthesizers, midi, CD recordings or anything else will never replace live musicians.

The people that resort to using electronics usually do it because they can't afford live musicians but trust me in the recording world most producers would rather have live musicians playing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information