Trumpet Discussion Discuss Cut on my Lip in the General forums; So I was horsing around on a band trip in a hotel and it ended up with me having a ...
    New Friend

Cut on my Lip

So I was horsing around on a band trip in a hotel and it ended up with me having a pretty nasty cut on the inside of my upper lip, the problem is that conveniently the only time this has happend in my life I have a chair test in two days. I have had the cut for about a week or so and now it doesn't hurt anymore to play, but my endurance is REALLY bad and so is my articulations with any notes above a D in the staff, usually I can articulate pretty well to a high C.

Is there any way to make this heal faster so I can do well in the chair test? I should be first chair on a normal basis but I'm thinking with this cut and the way I'm playing now, the max I Can get is 3rd or 4th :/.

Banned Fortissimo User
    Florida, US

Re: Cut on my Lip

It will taste bad but put some antibacterial cream on it, like neosporin. Or you could find some chap stick that helps with cuts and stuff.

Don't do ANYTHING that your doctor has not approved. Using creams for topical use is not smart inside the mouth. They were never designed to be ingested. The right tool for the right job results in predictable results. There are ingredients that carry warnings of allergic reaction.

The only thing that I do when something in the mouth needs to heal is rinse a couple times a day with a mild hydrogen peroxide solution. My doctor approves.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

New York State USA

actually crushed fresh garlic is a great antibacterial antiseptic agent, it is safe for you mouth, and if you hold a bit of the crushed garlic on the sore it will also numb the pain after a bit. Garlic is also healthy and beneficial if ingested.
    1991 King Silver Flair
    1953 Olds Super (LA)
    1979 King KG1055T (pre UMI) Silver Flair
    1940? Olds Ambassador (LA) tenor trombone

I'm not responsible for offending people -- people are responsible for themselves taking offense at me

Thread Information