Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Darn it WWBW/ Government! in the General forums; Order the trumpet online, get the benefits. While you're waiting, take your wife out for a nice day trip and ...

Re: Darn it WWBW/ Government!

Order the trumpet online, get the benefits. While you're waiting, take your wife out for a nice day trip and dinner with the money you saved.

Thanks for the replies, upon the encouragement of my wife I packed up the kids and she and I headed out. We got there and I had a couple of observations. 1 driving up to wwbw it looked huge. Upon going inside I was disappointed. They only had maybe 15 trumpets on display. They had a room special for tubas and a round glass case with another 15 tubas, I was expecting to see a 50 foot wide by 10 foot tall trumpet display based on the size of the building driving up to it...They of course did not have the one they said they had, my wife had fumes comming from her ears.... I picked out a reunion blues gig bag so the trip wasn't worthless. I happened to look in the side room that had returns and trade-ins, and like a treasure hunt there it was the yamaha xeno I wanted! I promptly went over to nick in horn sales and started working him over on prices. The xeno was a 45 day return and is in mint condition, with my inconvenience for them not having what I wanted they sold me the horn, 3 trumpet bag, 2 trumpet stands for 1600.00 out the door! I think that made the trip worth it! The only issue was I wanted silver plated, the one I found was gold. So thanks for the encouragement guys, my wife loved reading your posts!

I really like the idea of building RELATIONSHIPS. We get enough "complaints" about online transactions here. Many times the online sales just don't have the margins for "top" service. I do not think that I am getting screwed when a retailer doing a great job costs more. In AEs case, he ended up with the horn that he wanted for an incredible price with the disadvantage that somebody else pawed it for a couple of days. If he has an issue, he now has a NAME (Nick in this case) and that guy will help.

Congrats on doing a good thing, you had some quality time with your wife and kids too. She was involved in your decision and saw your bargaining qualities come out on top. I'll even bet she is proud of you - much more than with an anonymous online transaction!

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Mezzo Piano User
    State of Confusion

Quote Originally Posted by craigph View Post
    I like Solar Bell's idea. I had a friend who wanted to buy a new flatscreen a couple years ago. They checked out the prices on the internet but then went to the store in person to view models side by side and decide. They decided on one and then realized it would be a couple hundred cheaper to buy online. They told the salesman that flat out - you can give it to me now for the same price as this store sells online, or I'll just go home and order it. He gave it to them for the lower price.
    I did that......the store manager said Noway -- we already have it at the lowest price you will ever see it at! I showed him the price online and he said - go buy it online! We will not match that price. Yet it was his store`s online
    two Olds Recordings -- 1 sold!
    Yamaha C trumpet YTR - 745
    Besson Eb/D trumpet
    Bach G trumpet - 2
    Bach Herald Trumpet
    Olds Ambassador - circa 1959 - Fullerton -- sold!!
    H.B.Jay Co. Columbia model trumpet 1910 gold plated
    Bach Stradivarius Trumpet
    Couesnon Lafayette Trumpet -- sold!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information