Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Derek Watkins info in the General forums; I just have that oppinion that: If people want to discuss trumpet embouchure with other trumpeters then WHERE is a ...

Re: Derek Watkins info

I just have that oppinion that: If people want to discuss trumpet embouchure with other trumpeters then WHERE is a better place then on a trumpetforum?
    And then if a moderathor who have a lot of weights in his words immediately calls it BullShit when a newcomer on the TM asks a perfectly good question I could not help but reacting.

ps. Just becouse as you say: "you have not seen any proof that study of embouchures can help ones own playing" does NOT mean it can not be helpfull. It has ben VERY helpfull to me. I am in no means a virtuoso but I know many players who are and who have studied embouchures TO GET WHERE they are today.
    I think we simply have to agree that we disagree.

And yes my postings where some what below my usual style and also a bit riduculating thowards your post, But dont you think that posters feel exactly that when you Shout out "BS" after they posted something?

Robert Slotte

Bach Model 43 Bb
    Yamaha 8310z Bb
    B&S Eb-Trumpet
    B&S D-Trumpet
    Gezen A/B piccolo

Tekirova, Antalya, Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by diamondsgirl45 View Post
    Please gentlemen - stop!!
    Gentlemen...lets be gentlemen as Dgirl suggested.

This is a info request thread not an embouchure discussion. If you need to discuss it, create another thread if you need to.

Amara Music Academy
    Go on vacation, learn to play an instrument
    The Official Group of Nick I
    Spada Bach B flat 72, leadpipe 2L/DWMM1.5C
    Spada Bach C 256, leadpipe 2LQ/DWMM1.5C
    A Besson Sovereign 928 modified by Spada to come...

Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.

in an open internet forum we all get what we get. I feel strongly about the BS surrounding embouchure names regardless of who asks the question. Even if we identify Dereks playing being similar to a Reinhart type 4 so what? We still do not know what his tongue, breathing or anything else are doing. Why spoon feed BS? The embouchure does not make the player. We are all blessed with our own individual bodies. As I said, the embouchure is as individual as handwriting. We do not judge the intelligence of a person by their handwriting or the way they hold a pencil. There is equally little reason to make any judgements based on the geometry of a particular player.

Nobody has to like my response. I do not post to be popular. I post to focus on things that I feel matter and that can aid the average player in getting closer to that trumpeting hero that they may have.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Trumpet legend Derek Watkins passed away today. What a great loss to he music world. Such a great inspiration to generations of trumpet players. Rest in Peace.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information