Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss descants to hymns in the General forums; Thank you all again for the great tips. In my search, I came upon The Celebration Hymnal. It has over ...
    Piano User

Re: descants to hymns

Thank you all again for the great tips. In my search, I came upon The Celebration Hymnal. It has over 800 Hymns, with descants to go along with them. If anyone is interested in obtaining one,the phone number is 1-888-324-9673. I hope this is helpful to someone. God Bless
    Getzen Eterna Doc Severinsen Model
    Bach 3C

I second the Mel Bay, Hymns and Descants for Trumpet. I bought my copy in early 1989 for $12. It has been used, used, used and abused. My copy is taped and tattered and at some point I'll probably get a new one. IMO it's some of the best money I ever paid for printed music. The hymns are in the most common keys where you'll find them in standard hymnals, the descants are well written, so most of the time you can roll in with a Bb trumpet and you don't even have to transpose - just figure out how many times through and which time you want to play the descant. It even works well if you have another trumpet player.
    Patrick Gleason

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
    "At my signal, unleash hell."
    - Maximus Decimus Meridius

New Friend

I realize that your post is from last year, but I just joined Trumpet Master! I would like to let you know about the new book of original trumpet descants I just published, Heavenly Descants for Trumpet on 118 Hymn Tunes. I have cross-referenced the harmonies from 5 different hymnals, including the Methodist hymnal (as well as the Episcopal Hymnal and 3 different Lutheran ones). I hope you will visit my website: The book is available in both B-flat and C Trumpet editions.

Fortissimo User Buck with a Bach's Avatar
    Canton, Ohio

Try looking at Sheetmusic Plus, believe I've seen several types there as well.......Buck
    Bach Artist LTD-1
    Yamaha YTR-732( now gone)
    Selman C, rose brass( ongoing experiment)
    72 Olds Custom Crafted

Selman Flugle( I know, it's Chinese)( Any body got a Getzen valve block I can put in this thing?)
    Conn 17A Cornet
    Bugles across America

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information