What those above me posted is right Lara!

I remember how fascinated I was the first time I picked up a Cornet in 5th grade. And I like you, would just screw around and have fun.

Once something becomes work you really have to dedicate yourself to it. You most likely are playing at a level now, as I witnessed by your Carniaval of Venice clip, that requires work in order to get results.

Here's an analogy for you. I used to coach hockey as well as play. I loved to coach the kids who were newbies. They had never been on ice before, they would step out and boom right down they go. 7 and 8 year olds determined to do the impossible. To master a game of control played on an uncontrollable surface. They would look terrible, falling all over the place and just plain un-coordinated.

However, at the end of that 7 or 8 month season these same kids with very few exceptions looked great as though that had been skating for years.

It's within this small time frame that a hockey player see's his/her most development. From here on out it happens in such small increments that only a trained coach see's it.

This is what I think happnes in many facets of life, like trumpet playing.

Alex is my teacher, she see's and hears things in my playing that I do not. With her instruction I'm able to refine those things and improve. It's work, but I love it and that is the key.

Keep at it, and as Manny said, "Welcome to life" The only thing that I would add is never allow yourself to loose passion for life without passion is life without meaning. It's just simply going through the motions.