Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Disapointment in the General forums; Posted this in the lounge too, but decided to post again so more people might read this. I've been debating ...

Posted this in the lounge too, but decided to post again so more people might read this.

I've been debating whether or not to post this message for a while, and recent threads on this site and the oTHer site have brought me to this point.

In recent days I have read the threads about horn prices and the personal attacks and low level of decorum displayed by a majority of posters. It has disapointed me greatly and shown me a bit of the darker underside of many trumpeters.

In my view, this forum should be about helping each other attain the overall goal of playing better and better with every passing month and year, as well as having fun talking about a subject we all love- Trumpet and Music.

The constant threads comparing and slamming different horns with regard to a multitude of issues can get a little old after a while.

Look - comparing horns can be great online, and it has it's place, but does it need to be done in a way that gets nasty...whether you are the person who keeps writing the "how much would you pay" threads, or those posting with unrelated responses as a way to kill the thread or make fun of the poster.... either way it's lame!

We all have a great tool here. We can learn from one another, hang out and share funny stories, compare our horns respectfully, serve as a resource for players of all ablilities, etc....

I joined this forum because I was excited to read all your posts and learn what I could while possiblly contributing in some way myself....

I'm left with a feeling of disgust...
    Can't we all hang out without the bashing and inmature game playing?
    If we don't.....this site will end up just like the oTHer site.

Playing the trumpet and making music is NOT a competition to see who knows more, who has the coolest or most or least expensive gear.

I hope we raise the level of discourse ( and I hope I raise my level of spelling!)
    on this site because I really like it hear and would hate to end up leaving out of frustration with "go no where" threads and personal attacks....

Thanks for reading the vent and hope you're enjoying playing your horn today as much as I did!

Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    Ditto Matt! Nicely put...

Schilke S-42 50th Anniversary - Dr. Valve

Hong Kong
    here here! (... or is that hear hear!? )
    Adrian Kelly
    t/wb: @AdrianTpt
    fb: Adrian Kelly

Adrian is an endorsing artist for the Conn-Selmer company, and performs on Vincent Bach instruments. Adrian performs on mouthpieces by Stork Custom.

Adrian's latest CD "Chinese Whispers 細語" is available now from

here here! (... or is that hear hear!?

TOld you I can't spell

We need to start a thread that helps people like me learn to use grammer properly in order to be better posters! ( can't believe I wrote hear instead of here!)
    Oh well

New York, U.S. of A.
    My horn can kick your horn's ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (silly, ain' it?)
    Greg Condemi

Metro Detroit
    In any cross-section of society your going to see this crop up.

don't let this non-sense discourage you; there are far many more good helpful posts out here then there are bad ones.

Chin up; but duck every now and then....
    2008 Eclipse MHY Bb Trumpet in Silver Plate with interchangable leadpipes
    Getzen Capri Bb Cornet
    Bach, GR & Monette mouthpieces

Rochester, MN
    I've seen the various responses by forum admins to trolls - ignoring, tolerating, deleting, banning, confronting and so far I think the way TM handles them is the best - Confront trouble making trolls by moving offensive threads to the Steel Cage.

After a few times of getting slammed in the Steel Cage by several veteran TM'ers, the trolls get bored and leave and things return to normal, productive discussions on TM.

Yes, its unfortunate and not pretty at times, but it has worked better than the other approaches.

my 2c,

Stop acting like someone shot your dog.

Cincinnati, OH
    Hi Matt,

Just wanted to agree with you and say thanx for writing it out.

On more than one occassion I have read a topic and simply turned off the computer because it bummed me out.

BTW - After reading your post I went to your website and listened to your music. That was really enjoyable. Well done. I really like your sound and your musicality. Makes me want to go play my horn now!

Thanx for the inspiration to be better and to enjoy the gift we have of playing the trumpet.

Best regards,
    change the world here:

Marcinkiewicz Rembrandt Four-X SC
    Romeo Adaci Referenz
    Adams A4 LT-S
    Adams F1

Mezzo Forte User
    Morelia, Mexico
    It's differences of opinions that make horse races. I have not seen what I consider incivility here: if you think people are rude here, well, you should check other areas of cyberspace. Things here seem quite tame. It is not neccessary that everyone agree with everyone about everything to be civil: honorable folks can have dfferent views and it is not rude to say so necessarily. It's how you do it. "I don't agree with you" is different from "You stupid #@#%^&! How dare you say x, y, or z!" It is an established fact that the Chicago Bulls will destroy their competition this year, but other honorable and reasonable people can disagree. Even if they'd be wrong. The only fact that can't be argued is that the Knicks are terrible and will continue to be so.

"Show business is a business. Otherwise we'd call it Show Show".
    Woody Allen
    Morelia MM

Bristol, Connecticut
    You had to rip my Knicks

I do agree with you. They'll continue to struggle until they have a significant overhaul of philosophy and personnel at the top.

I do agree that we can diasagree and still be civil to each other.

Now, let's put the NBA on hold. We have MLB going strong and NFL training camps start next week. Now we can argue.

Have a great day everyone!
    Kenny Roe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information