Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Does anyone here march Drum Corps? in the General forums; Just wondering if anyone here marches in Drum Corps? I'm in my second season with The Academy Drum and Bugle ...
    Mezzo Piano User trumpet blower88's Avatar

Does anyone here march Drum Corps?

Just wondering if anyone here marches in Drum Corps?
    I'm in my second season with The Academy Drum and Bugle Corps here in Phoenix, Az.
    What corps do others here march in? I heard that Blue Devils are playing John Macky's Redline Tango. Anyone know if this is true or just a rumor? We just performed Redline Tango for Wind Band at Carnegie Hall this past week, I would love to play it in a marching show!
    So what are your guys' thoughts on DCI? Any predictions for a world championship yet? (other than Blue Devils)... I'm still rooting for Phantom Regiment!
    -David Jacques

New Friend
    My bro and maybe myself might get involved with the Dubuque Colts Cadets, they're the closest DCI group to us, but that probably won't happen. I may try in college for a summer or two... I think it would be totally awesome.
    Let music never die in me, forever let my spirit sing. Wherever emptiness if found, let there be joy and glorious sound.

Pianissimo User
    I plan on going to Southwind next year...I hope.

Go Cavaliers and I love Phantom Regiment too, but I don't think they will quite have it this year.
    King Silver Flair 2055S
    Getzen 770 SG Gold Series
    Bundy Series II cornet

Music is a more potent instrument than any other for education. -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Double_G
    I plan on going to Southwind next year...I hope.

Go Cavaliers and I love Phantom Regiment too, but I don't think they will quite have it this year.
    Oh man, I loved Southwind's show last year, I don't know why but out of all the showes on the '04 season cd that I have, they just stuck out and amazed me.
    Yeah, I'm a bit worried about Phantom this year, lots of their best players aged out this year, I'm afraid they just won't have that big sound that they've been so well known for the last few years anymore...
    -David Jacques

Pianissimo User
    Woo hoo! Go Cadets! They won the first competition of the season! Got a 74. Beat the Bluecoats and Glassmen.
    King Silver Flair 2055S
    Bundy Series II cornet

Forte User
    Love the Cadets...hope they go all the way this year. My bro marched there in ...umm... 1981 (back when they were "Garfield"). I was going to, but chose college $ instead. Love Santa Clara, too.
    -Glenn
    "Roses have thorns; shining waters mud. Clouds and eclipses stain the moon and the sun; and history reeks of the wrongs we have done. After today, after today, consider me gone."- Sting

My wife and I attended the finals last year. We knew we were going to be in Denver so I got us tickets...

All I can say is WOW....

The Blue Devils brass was by far the of the show...

I hear that the Finals are going to be televised on ESPN this year. I don't know if thes a step up or a step down from PBS, it seems more popular, but it's on cable instead of a national station. Anyways, being on ESPN and really does prove that marching band and drum corps is a sport!
    And those dumb football jocks at school say it isn't... I don't see highschool football on ESPN!!!
    -David Jacques

Pianissimo User
    OK, this is my take on that...

I don't consider Marching Band a sport. I consider it a different form of music. Which is what I love. I hate most sports so why would I want to hate something I love? Don't worry about the jocks making fun of band. It's the same way at my high school. Plus, compared to PROFESSIONALS (meaning they are payed to play the sport on T.V.) they suck. So, who would want to watch them on television?

Confused I have you? *Said in the tone of Yoda*

I think playing trombone should be considered a contact sport. Wiping it bakc into first position and poping your jaw. Ouch!

I think it is actually an upgrade for them to put it the Finals on ESPN
    King Silver Flair 2055S
    Bundy Series II cornet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information