Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Double C in the General forums; Originally Posted by et_mike Actually, yes, all of those people are still entitled to their opinion. There is no qualifier ...
    Mezzo Forte User

Re: Double C

Quote Originally Posted by et_mike View Post
    Actually, yes, all of those people are still entitled to their opinion. There is no qualifier in the definition of opinion that says it has to be truthful... part of what makes america great is people being able to think for themselves, without reprieve...
    "Opinions" which are based on hatred and false accusations make this country great?

Then, according to your statement, racism and anti-Semitism "make America great".

Which is an absurd claim.

An opinion which is not based on fact and on truth is an opinion which is not worth a plug nickel.

When Thomas Says that it is plausible that Charles Manson was a nice guy because the meaning of "nice" is subjective, that "opinion" is worthy of nothing but denunciation.

When Thomas says that Ferguson "struggled" to hit high notes, even though in the 50's through the 70's we saw him hit Triple C's at the end of 2-hour concerts and we saw him hit Double C's with no effort at all, Thomas is making false accusations and no person has the "right" to make false accusations.
    Last edited by screamingmorris; 03-02-2008 at 12:34 PM.

This thread has obviously touched Morris in a very sensitive area. I can understand where he is coming from as we often have posts that do not take the power of the word into account.
    This thread should not be summed up as "if you don't love Maynard - you are a loser". Rather before passing judgement on any player, it is useful to find out what they are really about. I firmly believe the thread owner made a statement without knowing anything about Maynard or his playing. I am hopeful that the thread owner will do a little research before posting nonsense in the future.
    The statement "I don't like Maynard Ferguson" should be reserved for people that have had a first hand negative experience. "I don't like Maynard Fergusons playing" is an opinion that could be won by listening to a cross section of his vast discography - I can't imagine how, but I guess that it is possible.
    In the information age, there is no excuse for ignorance and should be less tolerance for nonsense.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Rowuk very well put

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information