Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Dry mouth problem?? HELP in the General forums; Originally Posted by trumpetnick Robin, that was a good one It took me a while to figure it out though. ...

Re: Dry mouth problem?? HELP

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetnick View Post
    Robin, that was a good one It took me a while to figure it out though.
    I have to admit, posts like this are often more venting of frustration than comedy. The stuff that kids these days even have time to think about, much less post about borders on incredible. If I think about what I have read here at TM in the last 5 years, there is more psychosis than what I experienced total during the 35 years before.

I wonder where this ends. Do these players ever get this behind them, or do other cyberchondriatic symptoms take their places? You would have to physically visit schools to find out. Many times the posts are obviously far away from reality.

Funkyattack, I am not picking on you, this is just my mind wandering. Think about this though:
    If your body is producing antihistamines in quantities that continually dry your mouth out, you either have a (serious) medical or a psychological condition. The former needs a doctor, the latter just needs you to play more and think less. If you can't get that under control, a shrink could also be the answer. I will just assume that it is not as serious as you posted and that a doctor won't be necessary, rather more playing or a girlfriend/boyfriend to keep your mind off distractions.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Dayton, Ohio

Re: Dry mouth problem?? HELP

I'm more in rowuk's corner. The likelihood of a rare autoimmune disease, that have symptoms on a transient basis is minimal. While diabetes is a more common disease, without weight loss, frequent urination, frequent thirst, blurred vision or chronic fatigue, this is less likely.

Sounds more like sympathetic nervous system overdrive (stress reaction). This causes the cholinergic tone to be over-ridden (the making of spit is diminished). So stress reduction techniques on an alternating daily basis may help reconnect with a more acceptable neurohormonal balance. There are cool exercises I can recommend to do this if the original poster is interested. Contact me if interested and I will describe these exercises.
    1940 Olds Super Recording
    1946 Martin Committee
    1953 Olds Recording (LA)
    1965 Olds Ambassador
    1967 Olds Recording (Fullerton)
    1973 Getzen 4 Valve Eterna Flugelhorn
    2012 Kanstul 4 Valve 1526 Flugelhorn
    2014 Allora Pocket Trumpet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information