View Poll Results: You Make the Call - what would you do in my situation?

16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, accept that the seller screwed up and be happy that he refunded the money.

14 87.50%
  • Accept that he screwed up but leave negative or neutral feedback on Ebay.

1 6.25%
  • Goto Ebay resolution and TRY to get him to ship the item. He Screwed up, not me.

1 6.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Ebay sale gone bad... in the General forums; Originally Posted by Conntribution I would do nothing. The guy obviously screwed up his description. Just chalk it up to ...

Re: Ebay sale gone bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Conntribution View Post
    I would do nothing. The guy obviously screwed up his description. Just chalk it up to experience and stop thinking you were robbed. Be happy you were not the focus of a scam.
    Do you think the seller listed the item for 99 cents maliciously, or do you think it was an honest mistake?

I appreciate you disappointment. I might be a little disappointment, if it happened to me. But it sounds like it was an honest mistake. So if you decide to press the issue, then I would say that you would be the one trying to scam the seller.

Last edited by TrumpetMD; 01-26-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    Conntribution likes this.
    Bach Stradivarius 43* (1974), Bach 3C Mouthpiece.
    Getzen 896 Eterna Flugelhorn (1974), Curry 3FL Mouthpiece.
    Plus a few other Bach, Getzen, Olds, Carol, and Besson horns.

I would let it go.
    Knowledge is freedom, and ignorance is slavery - Miles Davis

The difference between a beginner and pro mouthpiece is practice - tobylou8

Nobody has learned how to play the trumpet. It's endless. - Maynard Ferguson

Don't be afraid to try something different. The Ark was built by an amateur and the Titanic was built by a group of experienced engineers.

By the inch it's a cinch, by the yard, it's hard!

New Friend

Yeah, I found a Bach tr300, fairly new, appeared to one owner and in good condition, new seller to ebay, 0 feedback. After winning it for $100.00, seller said she had wanted $450.00 or more out of it. I left neutral feedback and comment that seller was unfamiliar with ebay. I hope that wasn't too punitive. Now, more recently just got a Yamaha ycr2310 from ebay, seller listed it as a ycr2310II, improved version. I didn't bother to research differences before hand. I got it for 104.00 plus shipping, with some surface wear and dings, asked for $25.00 back, he countered with 20.00, I countered with 15.00, he seems okay with that, I intend on leaving positive fdback with small note.

Mesa, Az

Thanx for all the replies... my initial feeling was to just let it go... then I wondered what everyone else would do.

I will just let it go... I knew when I did the Buy It Now that is was WAY too good to be true, I mean who does a Buy It Now OR Best Offer and starts at .99!??!?

Thanx all!

1990 Getzen Eterna 700 Trumpet
    1958 Conn 28A Connstellation Long Cornet
    1945 Buescher LP 225 Trumpet
    1948 Olds Studio Trumpet
    Triebert Moderne / Couesnon Flugelhorn
    ~Loyalist Websites~
    "There are two sides to a trumpeter's personality: there is the one that lives only to lay waste to the woodwinds and strings, leaving them lying blue and lifeless along the swath of destruction that is a trumpeter's fury; then there's the dark side...." --Michael Stewart, DMA

Fortissimo User
    Lloyd Harbor NY.

Nobody. The guy intended it as the opening bid but screwed up his sales preferences. I know, I've done it!
    Do me and yourself a favor. Put FeePay on hold and use one of the nationwide Craigslist search engines. I've gotten many great deals that way. Not everyone is on FeePay old Sport.
    tobylou8 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information