Trumpet Discussion Discuss efficeint use of time in the General forums; I am now at a stage where I can manage around 2 and a half to three hours practice spread ...
    Pianissimo User

efficeint use of time

I am now at a stage where I can manage around 2 and a half to three hours practice spread throughout the day (2 or 3 half hour sessions during the day, the rest at night but this is usually a longer session.) I try to do 30 min clark mostly no. one and two I'll move on when these are well under the fingers. next 30 min session will be shlossberg, then some time, (30-40 min) spent on the music I'm playing at the time. This I follow with arban, tounging etc but not too high by this stage in the day. Lastly scales major minor modal played with drones, perhaps ending with a gentle blow through some ballads to relax. on the two days I have rehersals I stick to clark, shlossberg and perhaps the music before the 2 hour rehersal. I do aslo rest one the day I work in a school, sometimes not touching the trumpet, but only on this day as I find my energy low. (I'm not sure if this is a good thing.)

Is there anything I can do to improve this routeen?

Clark I can take to d or eflat above the stave very convincingly in the practice room, although I will not perform this high yet but I sure it will come. I'm not worried about double c's and the like but I am hoping to gradually increse range to where I am comfortable around e or f above the stave but am not looking for over night success in this department.

any suggestion welcome.

I might have listened, but did I hear

Re: efficeint use of time

I read MUSIC as coming up short in your daily routine. All of the Clarkes, Schlossbergs, scales, intervals in the world cannot bring the SOUL out. A 2 1/2 hour practice schedule needs 45 minutes of MUSIC/ tunes, repertory!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Music is what our audiences demand and that needs to get its fair share of practice time
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Thread Information