Trumpet Discussion Discuss The Essence of Style by Jay Friedman in the General forums; http://www.jayfriedman.net/articles/...e_of_Style.php...
    Forte User

The Essence of Style by Jay Friedman

[Post Deleted ... see below]

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox
    Licensed Mental Health Therapist
    Owner: www.allbrassradio.com

New Friend

Thank you

dizforprez,
    As Jay Friedman's webmaster, I'd like to thank you for increasing awareness of Jay's online content, and for posting a link to the article rather than the full text like the last two posts. When people actually read the material on the site, then we can see which articles are more popular than others, and tailor future content to those areas that Jay's readers are most interested. When a significant number of people read a copy here or on another site, then we cannot gather this information, and are less likely to post information in the future that you will find interesting.
    Benjamin Coy
    Webmaster
    JayFriedman.net

Re: Thank you

When a significant people read a copy here or on another site, then we cannot gather this information, and are less likely to post information in the future that you will find interesting.
    Benjamin Coy

Interesting take. I would love it if people quoted my website (and it is done sometimes). Are you saying that the only reason he posts is to get a certain number of hits? Really? My very best article in my opinion on my website has the lowest number of hits. But I am not going to "pull" it because of that.

In a critical commentary it is both legal and standard practice to quote an article snippet. That is how discussion is made. Isn't the purpose of his website to get information out? He is not selling ads that I can see.

I am going to remove my post with the snippet quoted. You will find that discussion will end most likely. I always want to honor others request when possible. But I truly think this is not in the best interest of getting his message out.

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox
    Licensed Mental Health Therapist
    Owner: www.allbrassradio.com

Forte User
    Jim,

I don’t think he was referring to your post or discussion; he was referring to my previous two posts( there ought to be a law, and did you ever notice) in which I put two full articles from Friedman’s website with out a URL to go along with it.

This isn’t a question of legality since the articles are posted free and clear on the site, it is a question of courtesy that helps them track what we like best so they can responded to that and provided us with more of the same.

I am glad that such articles are out there on the internet, and I have enjoyed reading and sharing the articles from that site and look forward to future postings from that site.

Jason

New Friend

Clarification

Jason,

You are correct in your interpretation of my post. Jim, please forgive me for any way that I may have been unclear. Both Jay and I are very happy when people quote excerpts of his articles; even full-text posts are ok, so long as there is a link to the original. JayFriedman.net gets lots of traffic; I was not trying to drive more traffic to the site. While more visitors are always appreciated, my point was, as Jason said, a matter of data collection. Jay writes a new article every month for the site, and he likes to write about things that people are interested in. If we can't see how people react to a certain article, it's very difficult to predict what people will like.

Again, Jason, thank you very much for "spreading the word" from Jay's trombone-centric site to this trumpet oriented site, where people might not otherwise see what Jay has to say.

Benjamin Coy
    Webmaster
    JayFriedman.net

Thread Information