Trumpet Discussion Discuss Ewazen Trio in E-Flat in the General forums; I recently obtained a copy of the Philip Smith New York Legends CD, and I've fallen in love with this ...
    Pianissimo User

Ewazen Trio in E-Flat

I recently obtained a copy of the Philip Smith New York Legends CD, and I've fallen in love with this piece of music, lol. Anyone else out there find it as wonderful as I do (of course, the whole CD is wonderful, but this song inparticular just grabbed me and shook me violently about the head and shoulders)? Also, is it available for purchase anywhere? I'd like to purchase a copy of the music if it's been published. Thanks.
    Jesse

New Friend
    Do you mean the trio for Trumpet, Violin and Piano? It's the only one I know of by Ewazen, but it's not in E flat. If we are talking about the same one then I agree. It's a great piece. I played it last year and really enjoyed it. You can get it from the Southern Music Company, San Antonio, Texas. If your into his stuff he's also written a Sonata for Trumpet and Piano which is nice (although it does go on a bit!). Hope that's some help.
    Do your practice, go for a pint!

Thread Information