Trumpet Discussion Discuss Favorite Musical Moment in the General forums; Now that we have full access to this topic ;) What was your favorite musical moment of the ITG? Mine ...
    Boston, MA

Favorite Musical Moment

Now that we have full access to this topic ;) What was your favorite musical moment of the ITG?

Mine had to be hearing Bilger's sound and standing next to Matt, Greg, and Philip (among many others of course!) at the jam session.

Back to shedding!

Moderator Utimate User Solar Bell's Avatar
    Metro Detroit
    Mnozil Brass...Doc in the hallway...Trent and Pat at the jam sessions...

But my real "favorite" was when Karen asked Gary Wilder to play Stardust in the Eclipse room, and Gary played a beautiful rendition of Cliff Brown's version.

That was real special Gary, and a favorite memory for me!

Chuck Willard
    The Willard of Oz

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

Forte User
    Northern New York
    The National Anthem opening night. I have never been so stirred by our national anthem. The sound was incredible. Followed closely by Festive Overture, Mnozil and Matthias Hofs.
    "Roses have thorns; shining waters mud. Clouds and eclipses stain the moon and the sun; and history reeks of the wrongs we have done. After today, after today, consider me gone."- Sting

Forte User
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Trent Austin, post Saturday's Jam Session
    Gary Wilder "that wasn't a double D *WAIL* THAT was a D " (at about 2am - awesome Gary!!

Seriously - The jam sessions were a great change from some past years - I didn't see anybody up there that looked seriously out of their depth and the VAST majority were more interested in the music than in the traditional pissing matches (I walked out of the only night that became "higher, louder, faster").

Mnozil were everything I expected and more - incredibly musical, yet also hilarious to watch.

Amanda Pepping - possibly the most beautiful playing I heard all week - her tone is simply breathtaking. Buy her CD (it is fantastic) and then remember that the CD does NOT do her sound justice.

Antigonish, NS
    %100 The 2006 ITG Composition Commission, Way of Light by Alison LeBaron. Played by Daniel Rosenboom for trumpet, video, and electronics.

Daniel Rosenboom is a name to watch he gave me a copy of his new side "Bloodier' mean son" on the Nine Winds label. There is a three mvt. works for trumpet and heavy metal ensemble on it that is amazing.

Check it out here

Play the sound clips

Chicago northern suburbs

My favorite MUSICAL moment was getting to hear Trent play on Tuesday night!

Mezzo Piano User
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Last edited by PH; 05-22-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Detroit, MI
    I had two and both came from "opening acts". First, the group that played
    before the Brass Band Spectacular, Escola Superior de Musica e das Artes de
    Espactaculo do Instituto Politecnico do Potugal
    . They played with energy,
    musicality, and great technique plus intonation (frankly, many of the trumpet
    ensembles weren't able to pull off good, consistent pitch and accuracy). The
    other group opened for Arturo, The Dominant 7. Again, accuracy, energy,
    pitch, everything memorized...they had it all working just great!

On an entirely different level would be Mnozil, and Mike Sachs' seminar. Both
    absolutely wonderful and inspiring!

"Do, or do not....there is no try!" (Yoda)

"What the hell does sound have to do with music?" (Charles Ives)

Thread Information