Greetings everyone! Regarding the school for the mouthpiece remover tool...a very serious teacher in residence I now understand. No one gets in except band members. It is just a forget it scenario. Bummer. As for today, Wow wow wow, I acquired another brass instrument!!! I am so delighted. It had been in an attic somewhere for years. Now in my opinion it looks fabulous, but everything is stiff or frozen, except the valves buttons work. But can't unscrew anything, and all the slides are frozen, and the mouthpiece is also stuck on. ha ha
Just laughing just now. The stuff I get myself into.
Anyway, I am so very grateful for this forum. It is truly prevented me from making a mess of things. I do need something stronger than what I have been using as far as lubricants. Industrial strength sounds good, but I want it now.
Oh, do I want it now. I will try another lubricant first. If not, I'll have to get seriously more serious than I already am.
Regarding the installation of valves before pulling slides, I saw something on YouTube that talked about holding down the button when pulling that pertaining slide. I did not know that either. Good to know.