Trumpet Discussion Discuss Gabbf in the General forums; Hello All, I have been at the Great American Brass Band Festival (GABBF) in Danville, KY this weekend. It has ...
    New Friend

Hello All,

I have been at the Great American Brass Band Festival (GABBF) in Danville, KY this weekend. It has been truly wonderful. Phil Smith and Joe Turrin were here. They played a couple of recitals and Phil gave a masterclass. I must say it has been my favorite festival since I started comming 6 years ago. Last night I had members of Dirty Dozen, Rebirth and Olympia Brass band over for drinks. Those guys were so much fun to be around. The knowledge they bring with their music is incredible. We talked for a good 3 hours about Katrina and the impact its had on the music scene down there. I must say that if you have never been to the GABBF you are missing the most incredible brass weekend in this country. Hope to see you here next year.

Best Wishes,

Casper, WY

Re: Gabbf

Sounds great Brandon. I've never attended, but you make me want to!

Heart of Dixie

Re: Gabbf

Our band played the GABBF for 7 years in a row - 1997 thru 2003. It was a blast to play and to meet people from all the other bands. One year I saw a guy play a trumpet/flugel duet, playing both horns. At the same time.
    Olde Towne Brass

Brass Band of Huntsville

Trumpet: 1976 Bach Stradivarius ML 43, Curry 3C.
    Cornet: 1993 Bach Stradivarius L 184G, Curry 3BBC.

Thread Information