I cleaned up my 38' King Silvertone the other day, and it played pretty good. I dropped it off tonight to get a geberal overhaul. New springs and corks and felts. Also having a couple of stuck slides working and getting a brace resoldered. He is also taking out a couple of dents. He quoted me $93, and it will take him a couple weeks. He works on wind instruments only, and had some nice old instruments in his shop. He showed me a Soprano sax from the 20's he just got in to do a general overhaul on. I can't wait to get it back. On another note, when I was practicing the other night, my 6yr old son wanted to try it. After first trying to play it like a kazoo, I showed him how to do it with just the mouthpiece, and he got a decent buzz. So i let him try it with the mpc in the horn. He held down all three valves and blew a 4-5 second tone. My wife thought it was me since she wasn't watching. Plus I've only been playing again for about 2 weeks, not a great sound yet. Maybe I've got me a little prodigee. He loves music. I'll post new pics when I get the King back.
Wylde Bill