Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Going to a DCI Show! in the General forums; Originally Posted by trickg Corps to keep your eye on: Carlolina Crown Cadets Crossmen The other corps were good, but ...
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by trickg
    Corps to keep your eye on:

Carlolina Crown

The other corps were good, but the ones I listed kicked it up a couple of notches.
    Strange how a person can watch a show and pick favorites, and another person can watch the same corps and not be impressed at all. I watch the DCI schedule very close and Cadets will be around near the top, and crown will make top 12 but I can't see the Crossman in the top 10, maybe not even making finals.

The corps burning it up right now are Madison, Cadets, Cavies, Phantom, Blue Coats, and SCV. Then the second tier is forming with Carolina Crown and the Glassman leading the way. Of course no one really knows what the Blue Devils are getting done right now as they make their mark on the "Drum Corps World". I really admire what they are doing!

I'm sure I left a couple of corps off that list, but several corps are already scoring in the 80's and some are having some trouble (SCV) but when they solve some problems they will make major moves in scores. I think that the show in San Antonio will show us the top 10, with 4 corps fighting for the final 2 spots in finals. I'd bet the placement in San Antonio will be +/- one spot from finals for 10 corps. At finals the Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Blue Knights, Colts, Crossmen,, Mandarins, Spirit from JSU, and Southwind will be fighting for the final few spots.
    C - Harrelson 750 Modified Bach Strad
    Picc - Schilke P5-4
    Flugel - Kanstul ZKF1525
    Bb - Bach Strad 180ML-37
    Bb - Bach Strad LT 180L-43

Pianissimo User
    Gordonsville, TN
    I attend the Masters of the Summer Music Games in Murfreesboro, TN. And those are top 8 scoring corps over all of the division competitions. I think that it is mostly a warm-up for the finals. That's where corps make it or break it.
    King Silver Flair 2055S
    Getzen 770 SG Gold Series
    Bundy Series II cornet

Music is a more potent instrument than any other for education. -Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information