Trumpet Discussion Discuss Going to be gone.... in the General forums; Tomorrow i am leaving for Atlanta Georgia for 3 weeks, so i will be away from my trumpet. I just ...
    New Friend

Going to be gone....

Tomorrow i am leaving for Atlanta Georgia for 3 weeks, so i will be away from my trumpet. I just finished 2 parades and i am back to my old self again as i was during the school year or maybe even better, but i'm leaving now and i'm afraid i'll go back to being bad so i was wondering what should i do while i'm there and when i get back. Thanks for any advice. p.s i'm thinking about maybe taking my trumpet along and forgetting about all this but i'm afraid of security and stuff and carrying it on the plane, does anyone have any experiences with this thanks.

-J

Pianissimo User
    Carrying your trumpet on the plane with you is NO TROUBLE AT ALL. I travel a lot and it was never an issue. Even after 9/11. I just make sure to let them know that I am carrying a musical instrument. 3 weeks from your horn will set you back severely. I would highly discourage this. I took 5 days off a while back and could not believe the set back I had. Make sure that you carry your trumpet on the plane with you is you do not have a good flight case....I would recommend carrying it on anyway.

WHen I cant play for a day or so, I use the pencil exercise. It'll help out a little bit.... Try to play your horn everyday if you can. If you can't make sure you focus during the time you have to play. You'll get a lot more out of a short practice session than you would if you just play around just to keep your chops up.

Again, you will have no problems at all bringing your trumpet with you.... 3 weeks off will NOT BE A GOOD THING......

-C-

If nothing else, take a mouthpiece and buzz. It can do wonders to keep you going when you cannot play the horn.

I have a friend who travels three and four weeks at a time for work. He takes his horn and practice mute with him on every trip and will play in the hotel room. He always comes back ready to play.

Jim
    Dr. Jim Fox
    Licensed Mental Health Therapist
    Owner: www.allbrassradio.com

Thread Information