Dear Colleagues,

Please note that in addition to our undergraduate positions, I have one opening for a graduate assistantship for Fall ’08. I am looking for strong well-rounded players who need a place to further refine their skills and prepare to enter the performing world. This new TA will join a recent New England Conservatory graduate in the UMASS Graduate Brass Quintet that receives weekly coaching from the brass faculty and performs as an outreach arm of the Department of Music and Dance.

Please let me know if you have any students who would be interested in this assistantship opportunity. Thanks!

Eric Berlin
[email protected]

Graduate Assistantship in Trumpet Performance
University of Massachusetts Department of Music & Dance

Position: The University of Massachusetts, Amherst announces graduate assistantship positions for 2008-09 in the area of Trumpet Performance. The duties will include performing with the graduate brass quintet and in addition could include teaching applied lessons for selected non-majors, assisting in academic music classes, or other duties determined by the needs of the Department of Music & Dance.

Stipend: This is a two-three year assistantship paying a stipend of up to $6,935 per year plus a tuition supplement that covers a significant portion of the tuition and fees. The opportunity for extra income exists through private teaching, and performing professionally throughout New England.

Deadline: Consideration of applicants begins after February 1, 2008.

Application: For applications and further information please contact the departmental website at: Department of Music - Degree Programs - Graduate. For further questions contact:

Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Music & Dance
FAC East, #273
UMass, Amherst, MA 01003
phone: 413.545.2106
E-mail: [email protected]