Trumpet Discussion Discuss A great weekend! in the General forums; I went to the opera with my wife Saturday night and we saw Pagliacci. It is my first time to ...
    Austin, TX

A great weekend!

I went to the opera with my wife Saturday night and we saw Pagliacci. It is my first time to go to the opera. The musicians in the pit were absolutely amazing. All of them, there was a gorgeous huge orchestral harp, and the woman playing it was really good. The trumpets were astounding. The principal trumpet Robert Cannon had the biggest sound I've ever heard. When he played it sounded like 4 people playing, and the sound was to die for. Lively, energetic and it just soared above the orchestra. I am now pretty serious about wanting to play in a civic orchestra of some kind or in music for plays. Now I really am in the market for a C trumpet. Need to unload this Carol first though. ;)

On that note, I also had a concert yesterday with my community band. Our theme was hero music. I got the opening solo that kicked off the whole evening. I played it well, and felt happy. Great weekend filled with music. Hope everyone else is doing well.
    Evan Davis
    1962 Leblanc Paris
    '58 Olds Recording

Fortissimo User
    East Yorkshire

Re: A great weekend!

Wow My fave opera, I am biased I have played the second tenor lead role Beppe (or Peppe) depending on the programme/Harlequin Was it done as usual with Caveleria Rusticana?

Cav and Pag
    Andrew Sapcote

Yamaha 4335 GSII Trumpet
    Conn Victor Cornet
    Weltklang Rotary Trumpet
    DEG Signiture Cornet Silver Plate
    B and S Sonora Trumpet
    Besson Brevete Flugel Horn
    Monette Silver 6 Mouthpiece
    Gear For Music Basic Euphonium
    Saving up for a Flugel.

Dayton, Ohio

Re: A great weekend!

Same here. Had a great performance in Pittsburgh with my quintet. Got to meet one of our TM members from Spain, that came all the way to Pittsburgh via Cleveland, just to hear our band. He brought his Adams trumpet, gold plated, and insisted I play it so that he could hear it from the audience perspective. What a great full sound. I played on it for half of the tunes. Ended the night on an original tune that goes to the ozone, ending with a trumpet solo (or duet as it was) where I play my trumpet and flugelhorn at the same time. After I put my trumpets back on the stand, I found dollar bills on the floor scattered around my feet. Very appreciative audience (and perhaps a bit dis-inhibited thanks to distilled spirits).
    1940 Olds Super Recording
    1946 Martin Committee
    1953 Olds Recording (LA)
    1965 Olds Ambassador
    1967 Olds Recording (Fullerton)
    1973 Getzen 4 Valve Eterna Flugelhorn
    2012 Kanstul 4 Valve 1526 Flugelhorn
    2014 Allora Pocket Trumpet

Thread Information