Trumpet Discussion Discuss Greeley, CO in the General forums; Movin' to Greeley/Denver area to pursue a Masters (Performance/Education) at UNC. What are the hot spots for good music, etc? ...

Greeley, CO

Movin' to Greeley/Denver area to pursue a Masters (Performance/Education) at UNC. What are the hot spots for good music, etc? Anyone here from that area? Thxs.

The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.
    -C. S. Lewis

Life is about learning; when you stop learning, you die. -Tom Clancy

And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
    -Revelation 8:6

Fortissimo User
    Yee HAW!
    Been through Fort Collins for a couple of weeks. Check out Winston´s. Might not be much music but it´s sure a lot of fun for after-hours.

Edit: Say "hello" to the dead horse.

Utimate User
    Bill Pfund, who used to be the trumpet prof there, had Tony Plog and myself come out to do some stuff with the orchestra and in recital. For laughs he took Tony and me to a cattle auction. Tony was dressed in his very "L.A." gear, so, he looked a little out of place next all the ranchers. Then, as we sat amongst the bidders checking out the bovine sampling, Tony started pointing at this and that asking questions. I leaned over to Tony and said "Tony, if you don't quit pointing, you're going to walk out of here with cow!"

He sat on his hands for the rest of the time.

Grand Island, NE
    GET IN TOUCH WITH JOHN MILLS!!! This guy runs the Trumpet Trader, an online trumpet shop, which also has a store right in downtown Greeley.

Tell him Louie Eckhardt sent ya. Great player, great teacher, great musician...good guy to know. He probably gigs more than anybody else around there...both jazz and classical. Used to teach at my alma mater, Hastings College, before I went there. I've taken a few lessons from him. He was David Turnbull's undergrad teacher (HC grad). Dave is the trumpet prof at Washington State.

Just an FYI!!

Louie Eckhardt, MM
    Freelance Trumpeter
    Cathedral Brass Quintet

Thread Information