Trumpet Discussion Discuss Help in the General forums; Hi i need help.i live in portugal and im learning to play the trumpet.instrument shops with trumpets arent that many ...
    New Friend

Hi i need help.i live in portugal and im learning to play the trumpet.instrument shops with trumpets arent that many here.or you find very cheap ones or they are to expensive for me.well i started playing on a besson 1000 that was very cheap and after that i got a roy benson pocket trumpet.neither of them are im looking for a new trumpet,one that is worth the money.i dont play that well yet but i think i will get there...but i need a horn!i ve been playing on a yamaha ytr 4335g and i felt my playing improving.i was thinking of buying one,but i would like an opinion about this because there is a shop that has a schagerl 600l and i liked it and in thomann web site ive seen for example a jupiter tribune 1000 s for the same price as the other wallet cant open more than 650 euros.what´s your opinion,please help me.your opinions are important for me.thankyou.adam

every year i like to give myself a christmas present,i would like a new trumpet.
    ps-ive been looking in sites for 2nd hand trumpets and i cant really find anything that could be worth it.the problem of buying a 2nd hand trumpet is that in my opinion i have to see it first and hear it,this sometimes can be dificult.

Forte User
    Near Portland, OR.

Re: Help

Not long ago there was Selmer Radial 75 going on e-bay for about $550. That was quite cheap for a horn that was in excellent condition and is a great player. I got a used radial and had it entirely overhauled. The total cost came in a little under that of a lower end pro horn that would have been new but I love the sound of that horn and the feel of it and enjoy both more and more every day. If you can find one, go for it. You just have to keep your eyes open and be patient. I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations for Olds trumpets from members here too.

Selmer Radial, Bb.
    Yamaha YTR4420E, C.
    1930 Couesnon cornet

A mind that masters the breath
    Creates strength (Lao-Tzu).

New York State USA

many great players in the past (Louis Armstrong, and Arturo Sandoval -- just 2 I can think of) came from poor families, and actually had POOR quality equipment to start on. I think you can take your time and look for the trumpet you can afford,. You can take the time to look and try some out, and find the one that will work for you. I don't think you need to rush out and buy a horn today. So relax, keep practicing on the equipment you have ---
    1991 King Silver Flair
    1953 Olds Super (LA)
    1979 King KG1055T (pre UMI) Silver Flair
    1940? Olds Ambassador (LA) tenor trombone

I'm not responsible for offending people -- people are responsible for themselves taking offense at me

I always recommend Etude student trumpets. Go here: Trumpets and Pocket Trumpets | Woodwind & Brasswind

$149 USD !! I play one and haven't had a single issue and I can't tell any limitations of the horn, just my own.
    bah do dweeeee bah do bleep blop

New Friend

ok,thanks for the help....i´ve been through the us ebay and ive seen some interesting trumpets,there is a problem though,no one ships to europe,so ive decided to go through ebay uk and the most ive seen are books...
    well ive seen a b&s chalenger 3137 used for nearly 500 euros and a new bach tr400 for around 660 euros.what do you think?acording to the lack of trumpets should i still think about a new one.

i dont want to be a bore with these questions,but i am just looking for the help of who may understand more than me.

thanks again

Thread Information