Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss helping students here in the General forums; I'll check my collection. I think I have a couple that may be serviceable. In the meantime, PM me your ...
    Fortissimo User
    Yorba Linda, CA

Re: helping students here

I'll check my collection. I think I have a couple that may be serviceable. In the meantime, PM me your address and I'll let you know what I have.
    Come-Back Kid
    - - - - - - - - -
    Selmer Invicta London ('56)
    Olds Recording ('58, '59, '60)
    Olds Super ('51, '63, '66, '67, '68, '69)
    Olds Standard ('46)
    Olds SuperStar ('71, '72)
    Olds Studio ('55, '59, '70)
    Olds Special ('51, '56, '58, '60, '62,'68,'73)
    Olds Ambassador (a few: '49-'79)
    Olds Flugelhorn ('70)
    (+Eastman, Besson 609 , Conn Director, King Cleveland, Holton Collegiate, Blessing Accord,
    Conn Severinsen, York, Yamaha, Getzen, Amati, Revelle, Bundy, Alcazar)

I've been looking to try a Bach 7DW in cornet shank, if anyone has a spare. I do have a 3C if anyone wants to trade it.

New Friend
    Lincoln, NE

I know this thread kinda comes and goes but I'm a college student and was wondering if anyone has a 3B laying around, would help with shipping or if you need a 3C I have three or four sitting around. Thanks for the help.
    1994 Jupiter JTR-1200
    1983 Bach Strad 37 ML

New Friend

Hello! im in dire need of a 3rd valve slide finger ring for a holton 602. Ive been looking for one in many places and cant seem to find one. If anyone has one laying around it would be much much apreciated

Rochester, MN

Please also consider donating spare equipment to the charity for schools in Haiti that
    Jean Pocius (trptchopdoc) works with.

Its called L'Ecoles Ste Trinite et Dessaix Baptiste and is run out of Danvers, MA and they help the poorest kids.
    Stop acting like someone shot your dog.

New Friend
    Fayetteville, NC

Hello. I know its been a while since anyone posted...but I am just a trombone/tuba player trying to learn trumpet. Could someone please spare some kind of method book?
    Last edited by jad0295; 02-08-2010 at 04:47 PM.

New Friend

My bach 3c is extremely battered from 20+ years of use (I got it used). If anyone had a new/newer mouthpiece of the same or similar size, I'd be willing to trade for the mint yammie 11b4 that came with my getzen SD. Also it would be really cool if it was gold plate.
    trumpets owned:
    Getzen super deluxe
    Beuscher aristocrat
    Conn 20b

New Friend

If anyone can give an Arban's method book (or a book of similiar quality) and/or a metronome I would be grateful. My brother is seeking to learn the trumpet, and really needs some direction (trying to find a teacher is fairly difficult).

New Friend

Hmm this a really cool thread : )

Practice mute anyone?

I just started playing trumpet a little while ago and got a new horn about 5 months ago. I've been slowly purchasing things for my horn. Got a valve brush, snake, practice mute, valve oil, trumpet stand. I'm about to buy a new mouthpiece (the one that came with a horn was a getzen 5 c. its crap and its too small).

Next on my list was a practice mute. If anyone has one that works well that'd be great. I'd be using it quite a bit because my roommates complain and I like to practice a little late.

Pianissimo User

This very old Helping Students thread was started by Morris and his son Dean,
    but they no longer fulfill requests in the thread because Trumpet Master permanently banned them a long time ago.

Morris and I used to attend the same church, Southeast Christian, in Louisville.

I donated a couple of mouthpieces and a mute that Morris passed along to some students.

A couple of years ago Morris told me that he was worried about trying to fulfill so many student requests.
    He told me that on his small retirement income he might have to choose between fulfilling the student requests in TM or paying his tithe at church.
    I know that his final tally here totalled over $1,000 out of his own pocket, but I don't know how much more.

It's a shame that the people of Trumpet Master decided that Morris and Dean were not the right kind of people for Trumpet Master and consequently banned them from Trumpet Master.

I lost track of Morris after his health worsened and he couldn't come to church anymore.
    Does anybody have contact information for him such as an email address?
    I used to have it, and it must still be in my email folders somewhere, but I can't find it.

Moshe Mizrachi

Thread Information