Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Here we go again! in the General forums; Why another forum? This is getting rediculous! Are we going to be able to continue discussions we had on the ...

Here we go again!

Why another forum?

This is getting rediculous! Are we going to be able to continue discussions we had on the previous board? Or is this another schism in the trumpet community?

At this rate i'm going to be a member of so many forums I won't be able to keep them straight.

Can somebody please tell me the point of all this?

If this continues I will have to stop postingon all sites other than Trumpet Herald. It will be far too confusing andtime consuming to do otherwise.

:???:

Fortissimo User
    I hear ya, Clarino. But TM has addressed the reason for the change. Specifically..the original TM site was based on a freebie. Since a freebie site can be deleted, dropped, or whatever at any time at the whim of the provider, he felt that he needed more 'security' in the form of an "owned" site. Obviously the sooner the change is made, the less disruption to the membership list.

Members and moderators appear to be making a serious effort to transfer the threads over to the new site "as we speak". There will be a bit of an upset since some are transfering threads "one by one" and others are simply "copy/pasting" an entire thread as a single message. Still, the info is there.

The new site seems to be offering some advantages that the old site did not have, including the ability to open a chat window "as a new window" and still maintaining a "view" into the forums (or anywhere else you want to go browsing while chatting). Personally I'm having an issue with the width of the display changing on me when I post a message, but TM is working on that (yes, I've checked my screen resolution already).

As they say "Rome wasn't built in a day". I'm sure the inconvenience will be more than made up for by the enhancements possible at this new location.

Regards.

Forte User
    Clarino,

I posted news about this for weeks in the News/Info section. I sent out emails and PMs to all registered users on the old site. I don't know what more I could do to let people know about this new site and forum?.

The old site is still up to view and move posts but we will not be using that site anymore. This is the new site.

TM

Forte User
    I'm all for changing to something better and this forum is the best one yet.

Liad Bar-EL

Banned Pianissimo User
    out!

romey

Mezzo Piano User

Re: Here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarino
    Why another forum?

This is getting rediculous! Are we going to be able to continue discussions we had on the previous board? Or is this another schism in the trumpet community?

At this rate i'm going to be a member of so many forums I won't be able to keep them straight.

Can somebody please tell me the point of all this?

If this continues I will have to stop postingon all sites other than Trumpet Herald. It will be far too confusing andtime consuming to do otherwise.

:???:

I'm sure the Herald could use you....

We could too!!

Stay and talk trumpet!!!

Yes,

The TH website also experienced growing pains and had to retool a couple of years ago. Actually, its "retooling" again . . . after repeated requests for additional forums and for active moderation fell on deaf ears for month after month after month. Competition is good though . . . this site woke 'em up!

It looks like this site is now a "keeper" too!

Congratulations TM.

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

Forte User
    Thanks for the kind words Tom! Glad to hear you like it!

In Peace,

TM

Quote Originally Posted by romey1
    Bye Clarino - nice knowing you!

romey

I haven't gone yet.

Although with remarks like....

For now I think I'll do as Dave asks and stick around to talk trumpet.

TM, I only got your emails yesterday, my server can be a bit slow with delivery at times, and I admit don't often read the news/info section. I prefer to read about trumpets. You know how it is.

Since this site is replacing the old one not adding to it, there is no reason for me to stop posting on any site. I was just a little confused at the way it was dealt with.

TTFN.

C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information