Trumpet Discussion Discuss Holiday Trumpets 2003 in the General forums; Here are the venues for this year's Holiday Trumpets Please let us know if you plan to be there. Venue ...

Holiday Trumpets 2003

Here are the venues for this year's Holiday Trumpets

Please let us know if you plan to be there.

Venue 1:
    Clements Middle School
    66 Jack Neely Rd
    Covington, GA 30016

PERFORMANCE/REHEARSAL in the gym
    Saturday, December 6 @ 3PM

Venue 2:
    Centennial Olympic Park
    265 Park Avenue West, NW
    Atlanta, GA 30313

REHEARSAL/PERFORMANCE
    Sunday, December 7 @ 10:00 AM - 12PM

Venue 3:
    Mall of Georgia - "The Village" (Formerly Pepsi Pavilion)
    3333 Buford Drive
    Buford, GA 30519

PERFORMANCE
    Sunday, December 7 @ 2PM

If you can't make it to rehearsal, don't let this keep you away. HOWEVER...rehearsal usually makes the performance SO MUCH better. I'm hoping to see everybody on both Saturday and Sunday.

Happy Holiday Trumpets!
    Meg

Sponsored by: Northern Brass

PS - Please use "Mapquest", or something similar, for directions. And... PLEASE tell all of your trumpet-playin' friends!

Holiday Trumpets... the Music

Holiday Trumpets... the Music!

I thought I better bring this thread up to date. Oh yeah... I have been told that Greg McLean's arrangement is available exclusively through Carl Fischer Music. Speaking of Carl Fischer...Some folks have everything, huh? All that music and one heckuva flugelhorn player, too!
    Meg

Okay... whew... it's been SUCH a busy start to the school year, and I APOLOGIZE for not getting back to you guys about music. We will of course use The Salvation Army's, "Caroler's Favorites." There are 5 parts, and actually, the first part isn't as much fun to play as some of the others. When you order, keep in mind that NOT EVERYBODY SHOULD PLAY THE FIRST PART... I'm hoping I have made myself clear on this point to all of you FIRST CHAIR JOHNNYS. Also, I still have copies of Rich Willey's arrangement of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" and of course OUR SONG, "Bugler's Holiday"

Nick Miller, of the prestigious Marching Chiefs at FSU, has written a piece for us, as well. We are working on getting special permission from the music department for Nick to miss a concert on campus in order to come to Holiday Trumpets to conduct the premiere performance of hmmmm... what did you call it Nick? Trumpets at Twilight? I can't remember.

Last night at Gwinnett Community Band rehearsal, Sally Stratton introduced me to some arrangements by my former classmate, Greg McLean. ACCOLADES and FLOURISHES, Greg. They are SO wonderful! Ordering info follows!

If you have other ideas for music, please make suggestions. See you guys soon!

Meg

Christmas Holiday Quartet Collection for Four Trumpets

Greg's twelve arrangements of old favorites will warm your hearts and toes alike. In most cases you could sight-read these in public but a rehearsal might be a better bet. Besides, there're so enjoyable that you'll want to play them repeatedly. Oh yes, if you're meeting your friends to play these in front of some stores around Christmas time, don't forget to put money in the meter. I did one year and it cost me an $18 parking ticket - but the music made it worth it. See the listing below for ten of these same arrangements for Four Horns.

Deck the Halls; God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen; O' Come All Ye Faithful; The Coventry Carol; Silent Night; Jingle Bells; Jolly Old St. Nicholas; Carol of the Bells; Good King Wenceslas; O' Come, O' Come Emanuel; Hark, The Herald Angels Sing; What Child is This?.

(BQ-15) $9.95

Personal orders or inquiries may be made to:

Balquhidder Music
    PO Box 856
    Montrose, California 91021 USA
    Tel/Fax: 818-957-1726

E-mail: [email protected]
    Web Site: http://home.earthlink.net/~balqmusic

California deliveries add 8.25 % State Tax
    Shipping $4.25. Foreign orders are shipped by surface for $6. If Air Mail is requested, full air rate will be charged to the Customer

GREAT NEWS:

I spoke with Lee Adams, today, of Callet Trumpets. Lee is going to extend the offer to enter the drawing to win a brand new "Callet Jazz" trumpet, to all participants of Holiday Trumpets! Not that you should need an arm-twist, but WOW!

See me at Holiday Trumpets to enter! The drawing will be held on December 25th, 2003.

Bruce

Holiday Trumpets Sponsor

For any of you that weren't around last year, here's what Holiday Trumpets is about, in part:

Holiday Trumpets

The holiday time is full of memories. For those of us who happen to play a musical instrument, our memories are filled with favorite pieces of holiday music. As many of you know, or may not know, our low brass brethren have been assembling for "A Tuba Christmas", yearly, at the CNN Center, in Atlanta.

While their efforts are admirable, the question is this:"Was Gabriel a Tuba player?". Do we continue to stand by idly, and allow their tradition to continue unrivaled? The time has come for us to take our rightful position, and "Trumpet" the Holidays in with style.

Let's join together, and make this a tradition that is impossible to beat!

Happy Holiday Trumpets!
    Bruce

Meg DiVito - Atlanta-based trumpet player, and Band Director at Clements Middle School, Covington, GA, is the brainchild behind Holiday Trumpets.

All of this year's events are listed on this thread. See y'all there!

Sponsored by Northern Brass

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

I'm proud to be the sponsor for the 2nd Annual Holiday Trumpets, this coming weekend! Christmas, and the Holidays are a time for remembrance, and a cause for celebration. There is no finer way of expressing our feelings, than by playing the trumpet. I hope that all of you feel as strongly about this as I do. The overwhelming sounds from last year's Holiday Trumpets made some very wonderful musical memories for me. It was very exciting to hear thirty trumpets performing, and to participate with everyone. I look forward to sharing this same experience with all of my fellow trumpet players, once again, this year!

We'll have some of the same music from last year, including "Bugler's Holiday". There are also some new arrangements that look very exciting! Meg sent a list of the music that we'll be performing.

I'm going to be bringing a few trumpets from my Northern Brass line, for you to try. I'll have a couple of Callet trumpets, four Eclipse trumpets, and the new Lawler Committee with me. You can see me to register to win a free Callet Jazz trumpet, to be given away on Christmas Day, courtesy of Lee Adams/Callet Trumpets.

I'll do whatever I can to help Meg make this event bigger than "Tuba Christmas", but we need your help to accomplish that! If you would, please let Meg know that you are planning on attending the 2nd Annual Holiday Trumpets event. Her e-mail address is: [email protected]

I hope to see a lot of familiar faces, as well as some new ones, this year! I checked the weather map, and it looks like mother nature is going to cooperate. Please... spread the word, and bring your friends! Let's join together to make this a tradition that is impossible to beat, and "Trumpet" the Holidays in with style!

Happy Holiday Trumpets!

Bruce Lee

Holiday Trumpets 2003 was a great success! Great job, Meg!

I'll try to get a list of names to go with the picture, and post them here.

Happy Holiday Trumpets!
    Bruce

Thread Information