Trumpet Discussion Discuss Horn Appraisal in the General forums; I live in the Chicagoland Area (Northwest) and I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a place where ...
    New Friend

Horn Appraisal

I live in the Chicagoland Area (Northwest) and I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a place where I can get my horns appraised? I am heading down to college in two weeks and my insurance requires me to take out a new policy on my horns which means I need my horns appraised. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I bet if you called the local musicians' union they'd know the right person for you.

-T

Fortissimo User
    Trent´s idea is good. Another is to go to Ebay and check out what prices have been recently achieved for instruments of the same make/model/age as yours. You could also dig around and see what it would cost to replace the instrument(s) with the same but new (if still made) and insure for "non-depreciated replacement value". That is what I have done with mine.

Local dealers should have a sort of blue book of musical inst. prices. It gives a new, trade in, and used price for the instruments, if it is a basic brand. It if it an Eclipse, Monette, etc., or a vintage horn, they won't be covered.
    "Music is a fire in your belly that has to come out of your mouth, so you'd better put a horn in the way before someone gets hurt"

1949/50 Super Recording
    1949 Martin Committee
    1947 Super
    Olds Super/Ultrasonic trumpet
    Olds Recording trumpet
    Olds L-12
    Conn 40B
    Eclipse MR scratch gold
    Bach 37
    Benge Picc
    Buescher Mdl 15 Cornet in Bb/C/A (Dad's old horn)
    Boston 3 Star Ne Plus Ultra
    American Standard (King?) beginner trumpet (crap)(my first horn)

Thread Information