Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss How's Misty doing? in the General forums; Hi Misty, I am a frequent visitor to their sister shop Melbourne Brass and Woodwind, they have the best range ...
    Forte User

Re: How's Misty doing?

Hi Misty,

I am a frequent visitor to their sister shop Melbourne Brass and Woodwind, they have the best range of new and secondhand instruments in Melbourne, over the years I have purchased 6 or so horns from them both new and secondhand, they have been very good to deal with. Their prices are high but in line with any other Australian store, better deals can be done online. A friend bought a new Schargel gold plated trumpet from a dealer in England, with freight and GST included saved $1400 from the price Brass and Woodwind quoted.

If you are keen on Getzen you are welcome to borrow my 1976 Eterna Severensen to get the feel of the brand, I am not using it, preferring at the moment my GSM custom Frankenhorn and my Eclipse MS (ordered in England 2008) I can relate to the desire for a new horn.

Regards, Stuart.
    misty.sj and Richard Oliver like this.

Forte User

What is GSM? I like the sound of a frankenhorn. That's a nice offer to borrow your horn and I may take you up on it when I am more in the market. Do you think the old and new Getzens are equivalent?
    Misty
    Queensland Wind And Brass
    Talking about music is like dancing about architecture. Thelonious Monk

Forte User

The GSM is one I put together based on a Getzen Super Delux (G) with a Selmer Deville bell (S) and improvements? by Me (M) including sheet bracing in tuning slide and bell bows nickle silver tone ring and a couple of other tweaks. I am extremely pleased with the result. will play it at big band tomorrow night.

I have not played a modern Getzen, they are not common here, I believe the agent does not carry much stock and the more expensive models have to be ordered from USA.

Regards, Stuart.
    Peter McNeill likes this.

Hi Misty,
    Brisbane Wind and Brass is a hard place to find on Enogerra Road. You need to park further back from the corner, and walk to it, as it comes up too quickly when driving down Enogerra Rd. You need to take the side entrance and up the stairs. They are OK, but do not carry the same level of stock as Melbourne. I bought my B&S Challenger II Dizzy horn from them in Brissie. Worth a look, and probably worth visiting to try horns there.

Here's the link: Ozwinds Brass and Woodwind
    misty.sj likes this.
    Peter

Why do I like a bell that Points UP ?
    - because the spit does not run back into my mouth!

I for one think it's pretty neat we have many folks from "down under" on our forum! Good on yous (Mix of Aussie and the Bronx)
    " It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear" Norm Peterson "Cheers"

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up" Lilly Tomlin

Fortissimo User Buck with a Bach's Avatar

You need an E at the end of that,A.N.A.( youse)
    Bach Artist LTD-1
    Yamaha YTR-732( now gone)
    Selman C, rose brass( ongoing experiment)
    72 Olds Custom Crafted

Selman Flugle( I know, it's Chinese)( Any body got a Getzen valve block I can put in this thing?)
    Conn 17A Cornet
    Bugles across America

Quote Originally Posted by A.N.A. Mendez View Post
    I for one think it's pretty neat we have many folks from "down under" on our forum! Good on yous (Mix of Aussie and the Bronx)
    There used to be some good and knowledgeable Nords & Scandanavians too, but have thinned a little in the past year, we need the Chat room back (mumble...,mumble). Oh of course we still have some skilled and knowledgeable Vikings left on the forum - I was not wanting to get off-side with any of the Viking clans. Just sayin'
    Peter

Why do I like a bell that Points UP ?
    - because the spit does not run back into my mouth!

Moderator Utimate User Vulgano Brother's Avatar

I really like the way T.M. has evolved into an International Community of people who care about the trumpet, care about each other, are savvy and smart (except maybe for some of the members that use R.O.F.L. emoticons to excess). That isn't the doing of the Artists in Residence nor the Moderators, but of the members.
    misty.sj likes this.
    "A tool good enough to be so used and not too good"
    C.S. Lewis That Hideous Strength

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgano Brother View Post
    I really like the way T.M. has evolved into an International Community of people who care about the trumpet, care about each other, are savvy and smart (except maybe for some of the members that use R.O.F.L. emoticons to excess). That isn't the doing of the Artists in Residence nor the Moderators, but of the members.
    now that's funny --- saying people should contribute and then saying some who use a certain emoticon might NOT fit your qualifications to be savvy and smart ----- now that's funny!!!!
    1991 King Silver Flair
    1953 Olds Super (LA)
    1979 King KG1055T (pre UMI) Silver Flair
    1940? Olds Ambassador (LA) tenor trombone

I'm not responsible for offending people -- people are responsible for themselves taking offense at me

In your place KT I wouldn't have thought so - but it really made ME laugh.
    Vulgano Brother likes this.
    Ted

Harrelson Bravura
    Getzen Eterna Classic 900
    Getzen Eterna II 700S
    Boosey & Hawkes Regent MkII
    Weril EP4071 Pocket
    Boosey & Hawkes Eb Tenor Horn

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information