I just want to take time to thank every single person that has posted a reply on this forum. All of you gave me new ideas and encouraged me to keep on trying. What I've taken from this is that long and low tones are the way to go in order to learn how to play with LESS pressure and not NO pressure.

I've also learned that pressure is not my only problem. I totally agree 100 percent on the fact that 90% of trumpet playing is mental. Haha yes I have a tendency to doubt myself a lot during a solo or just when i play in general. I don't have that confidence yet. This lack of confidence totally shows when I shake and shiver during a solo.

Yes 1st trumpet to 3rd trumpet is a DRASTIC switch, but my director and I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for a long time now. It must be something fundamental that I haven't learned yet, because I've always noticed that I've always been the worst when it comes to fatigue, even when I was first chair in middle school.

The bit about how Louis Armstrong learned how to play without pressure if very inspiring. If he had to "start all over" I think I can too. At this point, getting a new teacher seems good, but the teacher that my director recommended seems very expensive. What I'm going to do is explain to my current teacher what is going on MORE into detail. I feel like I haven't fully explained to him what is going on.

I'm going to take this "demotion" in the most optimistic way possible. This is my chance to get reacquainted with trumpet fundamentals and basics and invest time into being the best player of the whole band. This is just a road bump into future success. All I need to do is keep on trying and eventually things will pull through.