Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trumpet Discussion Discuss I heard back from ASU!!! in the General forums; Small World! My wife and I graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2004 with our music education ...
    Small World! My wife and I graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2004 with our music education degrees. My wife is a vocalist and one of her required courses was Choral Conducting. Her professor was none other than one Dr. Rick Stamer. He is a very soft-spoken, kind individual who, as a matter of fact, stated that my wife was the best choral conductor he had ever seen! Tell him Emily Baker is doing well and is back in TX.

-Eric Baker

Last edited by londonhusker; 03-31-2007 at 07:42 PM.

By the way, there was this inside joke with David Walcker and Rick Stamer where one would holler "MAMBOOOOOOOO!" and then the other would chime in and holler "MAMBOOOOOOO!" They always said that when I was old enough, they'd let me in on the joke and tell me the back story, but of course I forgot, Dave moved away after just one year, and I never did learn the meaning of the joke.

Rick Stamer soft spoken? Ok, whatever! let's just say he knew how to give a fired up lecture! HAHA! But keep in mind, I have nothing but utmost respect for the guy so please don't take that the wrong way. He's quite possibly the best director, either choral or instrumental, I have ever had the privilege to work with and I'm not surprised with what he has accomplished for himself as a college professor at all. We would have loved to have kept him to ourselves in Imperial, but I'm happy to know that he has done so well since he has gone.

Eric, if Rick thinks that your wife is the best choral conductor he has ever seen, that is high praise indeed and really means something!
    Patrick Gleason

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
    "At my signal, unleash hell."
    - Maximus Decimus Meridius

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information