Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss I played an Eclipse Trumpet! in the General forums; Hey John, A pink wig would suit you perfectly, I'm sure!!!...
    Berlin, Germany
    Hey John,

A pink wig would suit you perfectly, I'm sure!!!

Forte User
    Northern New York
    Ya know...the 2nd day I was down there for ITG I spent a long time playing EVERY horn Leigh brought. They were all fantastic. Beautiful to look at, exceptional playing characterisitics. My personal favorite with the XLR. What a sound that horn had. The C was also just as marvellous.

Can't say this enough, Leigh: you are a true master craftsman with a vision that has taken a real hold. The placement of the tuning slide is simply revolutionary and does wonderous things.

All that and he's just such a nice guy, too.
    "Roses have thorns; shining waters mud. Clouds and eclipses stain the moon and the sun; and history reeks of the wrongs we have done. After today, after today, consider me gone."- Sting

Metro Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee
    So, what you're saying is that the timing of my phone call to Alex was just right?

Another minute in your hands, and... do we really want to go there? "I don't think so, Tim!"

I have a whole list of the "Best reasons to buy an Eclipse", which I'll be very happy to share.

Bruce if you only knew!

It was just a wonderful playing expirence for me!

Alex sounded even better on it! I've had the chance to hear her play on many variations of equipment as I've studied with her for some time now and I must say that a finer sound I've never heard than Alex "singing" through that Eclipse. She had the rafters ringing!

She inspires me well beyond words and that combined with many other things are what makes her such a great teacher!

Frank as for the hair you'll need a lot of it. I had a lot of beef growing up and fill any room I walk into!

I would however be all to happy to join the legion of Pink!

Can't say enough about them; Leigh you da man!
    2008 Eclipse MHY Bb Trumpet in Silver Plate with interchangable leadpipes
    Getzen Capri Bb Cornet
    Bach, GR & Monette mouthpieces

New Friend
    Orlando, FL
    Last edited by blasticore; 12-02-2007 at 03:38 PM.

New Friend

Re: I played an Eclipse Trumpet!

ive had my LR eclipse for about 4 years.... waiting for it to be delivered back to me from Leigh..... along with a match red bell flugel, i really am going to wee myself when they arrive.

by far the best trumpet i've ever had (ive had a few) and the flugel really does take some beating!
    Eclipse LR custom Bb
    Eclipse Redbell Custom Bb Flugel
    Bach Strad ML 180 Bb
    Yamaha 9635 E/Eb
    Jupiter Slide trumpet (just for giggles!)

Moderator Utimate User Solar Bell's Avatar
    Metro Detroit

The red flugel is about as good as a flugelhorn can get!

Great, great horn!
    Chuck Willard
    The Willard of Oz

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

Wow! Blast from the past with a post on a thread that is 4 years old! Haha!

I have yet to play an Eclipse, and while I'm certain that they are great instruments, do they really have the same kind of fit and finish that you see on a Schilke? They might, but Schilke's are some pretty tight horns.
    Patrick Gleason

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
    "At my signal, unleash hell."
    - Maximus Decimus Meridius

New Friend

Shilke are great horns. Ive had my LY eclipse 4 years and it was 2nd hand then so it's about 6 years old. I play it everyday and never put it in it's case except when i take it out and there is not a mark on it, so for fit and finish i give it 10/10 for playablity sound valves and the whole package i give it 11. Maths was never my strong point.

Monroe Ct.

I've played eclipse and Schilke. Neither trumpet is what I want in a trumpet. If I had to pick I would go with the Schilke.

The Eclipse I played was put together well. Fit and finish was superb. I just didn't care for the way it played. Tuning was way different than anything I have ever played. I suppose I would get used to it if I had one. I went a long distance to try it and I was a little disappointed.

As long as I'm spilling my guts; When I tried the Shilke, (actually several) I thought they played well. The only thing I didn't like was the sound was very bright. Again, it would probably change to what I'm used to once I played for a while.

I've been playing Monette for so long now that the hole system is ingrained in me.

Recently I played a Schires (sp?) If I weren't going to play Monette anymore, that's where I would go

OK thread, go back to sleep for another 4 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information